Help

Comment on manufacturing of NAC

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Internet sources indicate that most NAC is manufactured in China using cysteine from animal protein, mostly through the hydrolysis of human hair or poultry feathers. I contacted Metabolic Maintenance to inquire about the manufacturing source of their NAC. While they would not identify the exact manufacturer, they did say that it was manufactured in Japan by synthesis (ie. not from human hair or feathers). This may explain why NAC of other brands costs less than that from Metabolic Maintenance. Because of this and because Metabolic Maintenance does not use any fillers in their NAC product, I prefer this brand for NAC.

Finally, one I can use!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this based on the first review because I had not found an NAC I could tolerate and this one did not have anything in it that is problematic for me. Yes, it's more expensive than the others, but I am glad I got it, as it's the only one that I seem to tolerate out of all the ones I have tried. A big thank you to the person who wrote the other review and said what the difference was with this product. My doctor wanted me to take 600 mg once a day, and now I'm glad that I can!

Great product for chronic fatigue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered with chronic fatigue and shortness of breath for over twenty years I take two in the morning and one in the afternoon can't believe what a difference it has made I can now get out of bed and actually accomplish things so glad I am using it

Increased energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This was recommended to me by my doctor to help with fatigue. I take 2 capsules a day and find it very beneficial.

Use it for PCOS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Help to regulate cycle and hormones

Excipient free quality product.

Posted by grainfreeliving on May 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I buy this version of NAC because it is excipient free and I tolerate it much better as a result. Very effective for a whole range of issues, I don't feel as good when I run out.

Excellent for sinus and congestion

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

While it's not as bio-available as the one from Germany, ACC acut, 600 mg. in effervescent form, when I take this one in the morning within 1/2 hour it clears most congestion from the night before. Sinus headaches are now few and far between, along with mucus overload. Can't remember the last time this body had sinus drip. Best of health to everyone.

A staple in my supplements program

Posted by Health-YourWealth on Apr 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I chose Metabolic Maintenance for their integrity of products and and the dosage I need to take daily.

Supposedly good, but can't tell an affect

Posted by aaronash on Dec 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

NAC is supposed to be great, but I'm so messed up I'm afraid I haven't been able to tell a difference.