Great no calorie substitute for pasta!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Pasta with no calories? I couldn't think that could be true! Me and my husband love it! It has a funny smell when you open the sachet, but once you rinse it, the smell is gone, and is really absorbing the flavours of the food you combine it with. I had bolognese sauce with it, and went down like a charm! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Gluten free 0 carbs and EASY

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These noodles aren't much. Don't have a flavor per se. But I LOVE THEM. They are exactly the meal filler that I need, and they add something with no dietary cost. Unless of course extra fiber is a problem for you. Just what my diet needed.

Good for dieters

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

these noodles are great for a gluten free diet. Very good in a stir fry. Quick to prepare and terrific for digestion.

Ideal cal-free substitute for italian style pasta

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

All shirataki noodles have a light algae like aftertaste, so it's best to rinse them under hot water before use. I like my fettucine in a hot tomato sauce with chili, garlic, celery, oregano and basil.

Threw it in Garbage

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm sorry, but the stench upon opening was probably the deal-breaker. True enough that once you rinse and boil a minute, there's no remaining odor. But then the texture issue raises its ugly head. Too hard, and unlike normal cooked pasta, even al-dente. I really did gag. Sorry. For those of you who like this stuff, carry on. I just couldn't do it.

THE BEST!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I can't really say anything else than that theese noodles live up to their name; it's a MIRACLE and I love it! No carbs and so easy to make, pluss they really fill you up. The noodles doesn't taste much alone, but throw in your favourite spices in the water and let the magic happend :)

Worth a try if you have spare cash!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am not sure why this is called shirataki pasta since the Japanese called it shirataki noodle which is much more accurate. The “pasta” resembles Asian style of curly noodles. This product is zero-calories, making it seems like an ideal product for losing some extra weight. Precisely because of the lack of calories, it does not give you the feeling of fullness and you will feel hungry quite quickly. It’s made of soluble fiber so it’s good for you since fiber keeps you regular and helps to reduce the rate of various cancers such as prostate, colon, etc. You will also notice that there are many complaints regarding the pungent smell when you open the pack. The smell is probably due to the calcium hydroxide in the water. Now, this is a very important statement on the product ‘Miracle Noodles absorbs the flavors of any sauce or dish you prepare’. It’s true that it absorbs the flavours very well. Considering the noodle has been soaked in the pungent calcium hydroxide solution from the production till you opened, the noodle has also absorbed the ‘taste of the calcium hydroxide’. It’s true! No matter how long I rinse it or boil it, there will still be some aftertaste that is similar to the smell. It is possible to mask the taste but the aftertaste will still catch up to you somehow. As for the price, I found that it’s too expensive. $2.38 for 198g of noodle is reasonable but you are paying for 198g of noodle + calcium hydroxide solution. The noodle probably weighs 100g only which is probably not sufficient for an adult. I use 2 packs but still get hungry after 2 hours. Another issue is that I am not sure if calcium hydroxide is even safe in the food or safe for consumption over time (bound to have some leftover no matter how you wash). Check out my page for more reviews!

Love these!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These are great......just have to make sure you rinse, rinse, rinse and pat dry. Even better if you put them in a warm frying pan and then dry.

From norway

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Amazing, I really like this poroduct. I put it in a wok pan with lots of vegetables and strong sauce. Its great.

Shirataki

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Considering rice noodle is about 85% carbs and that this has about 1.3% I am a bit worried about if what's its made out of is good for the body at all. Its probably quite ok. The water in the pack smells bad, but since you drain it of and boil the noodles for a bit you don't need to worry about it. It tastes just like glass noodles and does the trick if its together with something else. I wouldn't eat this without something really tasty on the side.