Natrol, Melatonin, 3 mg, 240 tablets

Posted by Reviewer1303483 on Jun 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product - will definitely buy again. Melatonin is great for people like myself who can be awoken by the slightest little noise [such as a moth rearranging it's wings in another room.] Taking Melatonin allows me to go straight back to sleep. Conversely if my dog wakes me and wants to go out, I am instantly wide awake and can get up, go outside, without feeling groggy, and still go back to bed and instantly fall asleep again.

I like!

Posted by Reviewer2216670 on May 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like this product. I have tried others, time release, etc., and I would still get up during the night (potty run) and not get back to sleep. These on the other hand (at least for the last couple of weeks) haven't done that which is most incredible, at least for me.

Sleeping like a baby!

Posted by Reviewer1460980 on Aug 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I seem to have a sleep disorder. I've tried many sleep aids over the years. I finally gave up and asked my doctor for Ambien. It worked for me, but it's not worth the risk. In desperation I tried Natrol's Melatonin. It works! I can't believe it! Off to dream land....zzzzz

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1914650 on Jan 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Does exactly what it shoud - it regulates sleep. Job done. However, it has a good balence of when it kicks in. Other products fall apart once they hit your tongue and have a pretty instant impact but wear off very quickly. This disolves slightly slower but the effect lasts longer

quality product, good price combined with ample quantity

Posted by Reviewer2818141 on Apr 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from insomnia but I'm against sleeping drugs after watching my mom struggle with sleeping pill addictions. Melatonin is very subtle yet most effective natural remedy I've found. For really bad attacks it doesn't work, like nothing mild really does, but overall it enhances my sleep and cuts back tossing around awake in the bed. I slice them in 4 parts with a pill splitter, since with melatonin a smaller doze is still as effective (your body really doesn't produce that high amounts of it ever). I take one quarter of a tablet 30min up to an hour or 2 before sleep every night, and mostly sleep now very calmly and without interrupts. Helps with moving sleeping rhythm or with jetlag as well, and these with added b6 seem to work better than the plain ones I used before. I only wish these were a bit thinner just for some easier slicing :)

Not so good

Posted by 5208752823435593687 on Jun 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My son, 5 years is high potiential with autistic traits. Before I bought the melatonin of Solgar. Whith SOLGAR 2 Mg (more expensive) but it works perfectly. 20 minutes later : my son sleeps. Whith the melatonin natrol my son's behaviour is much better :the behavior of my son is much better : calmer, more focused, more collaborative , more balanced. Whith NATROL 3 Mg it takes time (more than 60 minutes!!!)to fall asleep. Good to know... ;)

Works well for my ASD son

Posted by Reviewer2207128 on Aug 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My son needs melatonin to get enough sleep, unfortunately his brain just won't shut down for sleep without help, this is just as good as what I was getting on prescription here in NZ for significantly less than I have to pay here.

Melatonin

Posted by Reviewer2107232 on Oct 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

In the past I have always had a good experience with whatever I have ordered from IHerb. But recently I ordered 4 bottles of 240 tablets of Melatonin. I have taken Natrol brand of Melatonin for about 10 years now with good success. With this new batch that I ordered, I have begun to experience headaches with the one tab dose I take each night. I am confused. Shouldn't this be the same formula as always, or has it changed with maybe a new cheaper ingredient that would cause me to get a headache. I would appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks for your good service. Linda Monfort

Didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer3075662 on Feb 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Don't usually give a bad review unless the product didn't do anything as promised for me and this was one of them. Been taking melatonin for a few years now and i though i will try a change with this brand but this brand does not melt in your tongue like the other brands and there is no form of sweetness to it. It taste very powdery and bitter not a good taste to have in your mouth when you want to go to bed. Also the pharmacist at the store said having B6 mixed with your melatonin does not help in a good way. Had to reorder from another brand. Didn't work for me.

Natrol, Melatonin

Posted by Reviewer3031961 on Apr 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great product, It has added Vitamin B6 and calcium. I like getting the extra health boost from having those added into the melatonin. These are thick tablets, which I have to bite into smaller pieces before swallowing. The taste is mild so I don't mind doing that to get a quality product.