Rhubarb Root Is the Trick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

As a long sufferer of intestinal complaints brought on by trauma and IBS, I found that senna, cassia, and other natural laxatives were too cramp-inducing. The active ingredient--rhubarb root-- in IBX is the ONLY herb I've found in 20 years that is gentle and ALWAYS effective. Interesting side note: When I was pregnant taking this product, my doctor researched it to see if it was ok to take and discovered a government study showing pregnant women in Germany take rhubarb root to control their blood pressure. So, you get both lower blood pressure and a gentle stimulant. Try taking IBX at night with 1 tsp psyllium powder mixed in 12 oz water for best effect. I have taken this product daily for at least 8 years.

this helps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I struggle with terrible constipation due to vagal neuropathy. This product does seem to help increase frequency of BM's. It greatly decreases gas and bloating. I use it along with Miralax and high doses of Magnesium.

Poor Enzymes - hasn't any strength to relieve IBS symptoms

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Didn't work for me. Long time IBS sufferer. Read all reviews prior to purchasing and looked forward to regulated bowel functions with use of product. Suffered through 5 days without a single movement. Finally relented & used different product for relief. For me, this product not only didn't live up to its stated properties, but more importantly, disappointed me with its lack of any type of result. Judge for yourself.

This works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product has been very helpful in alleviating my IBS-C. I suffer from severe constipation. Used in conjunction with my typical supplements (stool softener and probiotic), IBX has practically eliminated my constipation and also minimized my GI pain. I'm on my second bottle and will continue to purchase. I go into a panic when I run out. This product is extremely effective and I highly recommend it!

worth every penny

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered with intestinal problems for 20 yrs. From the first dose my stomach stopped hurting. I was dx with Celiac disease in nov and even with strict diet changes my stomach still hurt. I am still having problems with chronic constipation and hope that this will improve with time, but just not having to live with the constant pain is worth it to me. I also take lots of iflora. My only concern is with iherb raising thier prices. I don't know if I will be able to stay on all the supplements that I need, because they had the best deals until recently, but with the increase in prices I will probably have to drop some of my supplements which I hate to do but with this economy you do what you have to do.

Good long term results

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Soothing and helpful. I use this along with Natural Calm magnesium, and over a period of several weeks or even months it settled my gut - had sever IBS with severe constipation - and sometimes nothing much helped at all. Some may get short term benefit - for me it too several weeks to see full results. If you have a lot of gut problems, then I would also recommend lots of probiotics (iflora, dr Ohhira and Primal Defence are the very best on Iherb) and maybe consider 1 daily of Jarrow Glutathione and a few teaspoons a day of Permavite (which really also helps to heal the gut lining.) Good luck

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The best product at the best price I have found. Only thing I have found to help relieve my IBS symptoms.

Help for IBS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I had very bad IBS. It was so bad that it was very embarrassing alot of the time. These pills are great. I was taking another medicine that help a little and was able to go completely off of it after I had taken these a few weeks. They are extremely effective. Paula

Been using for years

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've been using IBX for over 10 years and every once in a while I try something new but always come back to this...every now and then I forget to take it and I quickly remember when my stomach starts to ache...The good thing is that after I take my dose with 15-20 minutes or so I start having relief from my symptoms...One last thing, this review sounds like a paid review but I have no connection to this company except for the fact I use the product...Hope this helps

Best product ever!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I used to have so many problems with constipation, my bowel movements were irregular and I was going maybe once a week. Once I started using IBX, my bowel movements became regular and I felt so much better. This product saved my life!! Give it a try it definately is worth it.