Help

Contains citric acid!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This mouth rinse contains citric acid which is known to erode tooth enamel. Adding this ingredient simply does not make sense. I sent a query to the makers via their website but didn't even get a reply.

please note this is an acidic rinse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

bought this for my husband and he complained that it tasted sour/acidic. I tested the pH with some pH paper and it looked to be about 3.5 or so. I wrote to the Natural Dentist company asking what's up and received this response. "The product is an acidulated fluoride rinse. The acid in this case etches the enamel so that fluoride can be taken into the teeth more readily. Acidulated fluoride rinses have better fluoride uptake as compared to fluoride rinses closer to neutral pHs. If you are concerned about acid-erosion from dietary sources, using any of our fluoride-containing rinses will help prevent any effects of acid-erosion on the teeth." They said it shouldn't taste sour and offered to replace the bottle. I did more research and found that while it is true that the teeth take up more fluoride with the acidulated rinses as compared to the pH neutral ones, the acidulated fluoride rinses aren't good if you have composite resin or porcelain bondings. So I'm going to have to buy a pH neutral fluoride rinse from another company even if it contains artificial coloring that I don't want.

mouthwash with fluoride

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Honestly, I was really surprised by very salty/weird taste for the first time (I had been using Now Foods XyliWhite mouthwash which has sweet/mild taste). However I'm OK with the taste now. I like anticavity concept very much.

Alcohol-Free Flouride Rinse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I just don't understand why mouthwashes are made any other way than this. Regular rinses with highly alcoholic mouthwash are just not good for you. This Natural Dentist rinse contains no alcohol, and does contain the same kind of cavity-preventing and supposedly tooth-rebuilding fluoride that's in the popular brands. Wake up, America.

Excellent Product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this rinse for several months now. But it wasn’t until I ran out for about a week that I realized that it really works. I immediately purchased this rinse again and will continue to use it. My teeth don’t hurt anymore. Thank you Natural Dentist.

Simply The Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've used other Natural Dentist products and have been very satisfied with them...but this rinse is the best! I've been using it for about a year and have not had one cavity!! I drink spring water, so I don't get fluoride from any other source. By the way, it is also a great breath freshener.

good product. Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by More-Special-Offers on Mar 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good product, nice, refreshing taste. Great thing there is no chemicals. But I think it's too much citric acid, I can feel it every time, it's like after eating a slice of lemon. I am not sure if it's good for enamel. I haven't notice anything bad, but I am not using it a regular basis, so can't say for sure.

Natural Dentist Fluoride Rinse

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I wanted a fluoride rinse for my teenager and I to use that did not contain dyes, so ordered 2 bottles of this rinse. She and I agree that it tastes awful. It causes a stinging sensation in my tongue and I can only describe the taste as an artificial tasting lemon with overtones of cardboard. If, as one reviewer wrote, it has a pH of 3.5, then the stinging sensation is not surprising and it is not something I want to use to rinse my mouth.

no harsh feeling

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

no harsh feeling, i like it

It's great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

So nice to have a fluoride treatment option without chemicals.

1 2 3