Miracle herb for depression & anxiety!

Posted by Reviewer1602306 on Dec 31, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This supplement is a true lifesaver for me. After taking lexapro for many years for depression and anxiety the side effects became increasingly worse. I tried unsucessfully to wean myself from the lexapro which resulted in even worse side effects. After doing much research I decided to try 5-htp and have had amazing results. I have been off the lexapro for 3 months and experience no side effects from the 5-htp, feel mentally clearer, and my anxiety and depression symptoms have decreased dramatically. Also, I am vegan and this is the only vegan 5-htp I have found and the enteric coated caplets are more efficiently absorbed. It has also helped with my constant insomnia and sugar cravings. I highly recommend this product but advise anyone to consult their physician before trying to wean yourself off an antidepressant medication. I simply couldn't be happier with this product.

Works for me.

Posted by Reviewer3031315 on Apr 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Try it. 50 mg, twice a day, for anxiety. For me, it works much better than SSRI's without the side effects.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1129458 on Jan 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I definitely recommen the enteric coated--the non-coated leads to gi distress!

5-HTP What a wonderful product!

Posted by Reviewer3290087 on Sep 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was crying almost everyday for no reason at all. After taking the 5-HTP I don't cry at all and I feel great. It has given me a boost of energy as well.

Natural Factors, 5-HTP, 50 mg

Posted by Reviewer1912677 on Jul 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product and no stomach upset is such a relief!

5-HTP is great!

Posted by Reviewer1788991 on Mar 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband have been taking 5-htp for 3 weeks and is sleeping better and have lost a few pounds. Thank you for a wondreful product! SE Fort Worth,Texas

Fantastick!

Posted by Reviewer2609561 on Mar 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use this for sleep and mood support. It is amazing for both! I usually take one or two in the evening and it really calms me down without feeling drowsy. I sleep great and my mood is stable all day, especially great in the winter months. Natural Factors is a high quality brand, really good stuff.

Great product

Posted by NaturallyMisha on Mar 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good price, works well. I notice feeling well rested, and alert during the day. I can control my emotions better, I don't want to ever be without my 5-htp. I use 50 mg in the morning and before bed.

It works

Posted by Anna-Reviews on Apr 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I used it only once (for insomnia & depression) - it worked, I slept very well and woke up feeling rested, also I had good mood the next day. I never used it again because I realised I don't wan't to depend on some drug, I want to cure the cause of my depression. Since then I read a lot about it and it appears that there are many things causing depression: food allergies, low thyroid, poor diet, environmental toxins, metal toxicity, candida overgrowth etc. (So far I've found out I have severe gluten allergy and I really feel better when it's not in my diet). So people my message is: do some research and don't cure only the symptoms of your depression, look deeper and find the cause, because there's always one.

so far, so good

Posted by Reviewer1664761 on Feb 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have problems with Seasonal Affective Disorder, so something that supports seratonin is a boon to me. I'm taking two tablets a day, and I have noticed some mood improvement.