Thyroid patients, beware!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (underactive thyroid) and have been on thyroid meds for over 10 years. This product was recommended by a friend whose husband has used it successfully to control blood sugar levels. I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic and thought it could help me avoid becoming full-blown diabetic. I took one 200 mg capsule a day and in a few days began having intense headaches, like a vice around my head and feeling sluggish, as I do when my thyroid meds need adjustment. Since the ALA was the only difference in my supplement regimen, I did some research and found out that ALA may interfere with thyroid med absorption! I stopped taking it and began feeling better within 48 hours. If you're taking thyroid medication, you may want to look for other options to control blood sugar levels.

This works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A Pharmacist recommended Alpha-Lipoic Acid for neuropathy which I have in one foot due to a past injury. The annoying, uncomfortable 'buzzing' is brought under complete remission and control as long as I take this product daily. The effectiveness of the product was proven to me when I ran out recently and put off ordering more. The neuropathy came roaring back. It took several weeks to get it under control again. I won't run out again.

To get motivated and more energic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I found ALA great against the feeling of "heaviness" you get from depression: it brings you energy and you feel more dynamic in your activities. I feel also my mood improving. The instructions advice 3 serving per day but I only take two however, because it can lower your blood sugar level too much.

Liver Cleanser

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works well for cleansing the liver as well as bringing dowm free radicals by recyling antioxidants.

Natural Factors, Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great product. I'm using it to cleanse my liver.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I used to have pins and needles in my feet. Alpha Lipoic acid relieved them. This is a quality formulation. I don't have to take multiple capsules. One does it.

Valuable antioxidant protection

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Natural Factors has always provided quality at a decent price, and this ALA is no exception. The dose is moderate, so I can take it a few times throughout the day for added antioxidant protection. Also, it doesn't burn my stomach like other brands I've tried.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a great quality product - very benefical when taken with an Acetyl L-Carnitine supplement

Customs intercept

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It seems that Lipoic Acid is regarded as a medicine in my country. As such I'm allowed to import 3 month supply for personal use from a EU country only. I just received a letter that Norwegian customs will return the product to you on December 8. I apologize for not checking up on this before ordering.

cleaning of the kidneys

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

good for people with kidney failure and good in price

1 2 3 4