Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It has a nice combination of different nutrients for the eye. This is also one of the few rare products to contain eyebright! The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), small and easy to swallow. It also contains rice powder which is used as a filler/flow agent which I think doesn't matters. The suggested usage is 1-3 times per day. A quick glance at the ingredient list and you will notice that the weight per ingredients is fairly low per capsule. Most vision formula contains about 20mg of lutein and 1mg of zeaxanthin which are the 2 most important ingredients. Both lutein and zeaxanthin are known to protect the eye against free radical damage from UV light and macular degeneration. 1 capsule here has (10% x 20mg) + 2mg = 4 mg lutein and 120 mcg zeaxanthin. Based on this, I would recommend 4 caps daily, giving you 16mg lutein and 480 mcg zeaxanthin. This also gives a nice amount of 60 mg of multi-anthocyanidins, 100 mg of carrot juice, rutin and quercetin, 200 mg of bilberry fruit and 400 mg of eyebright. A bottle should last about 22.5 days. Considering the very low price per bottle, I find it manageable for the price. Personal experience – I use the computer in the office all day and as well at home and this supplement helps to keep my eyes from getting too tired and teary. It also helps to keep my sight sharp and focus, without getting blurring. Check out my page for more reviews!

Fantastic

Posted by 5568880282853757449 on May 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My order arrived after 4 days shipped to vietnam, this is a great product that I can't find it in Australia and Vietnam. My dad loves it! I definately re-order soon. Helen

Feels the difference

Posted by Reviewer3088393 on May 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My eyes feels more comfortable with this product and less tired. I'm not sure if it helped on the floaters yet. I would buy this again.

More energy for eyes!

Posted by Reviewer3046012 on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After taking these pills few weeks i can clearly see difference. I still can't see any better with or without glasses, but my eyes doesn't get so tired, sometimes i sit like few hours straight watching monitor and before i started taking these pills my eyes were getting really tired, but not anymore!

Post-operation relief

Posted by Reviewer3212387 on Aug 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this as an extra help to take care of my eyes after laser surgery which generally results in very dry eyes and need for frequent use of eyedrops. After taking this, dryness has decreased. Even at work I can sit for almost an entire day in front of the computer without tiring as much. Will reorder.

Simply Eye Factors !

Posted by vinetu28 on Aug 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Recently I've been taking lutein as a supplement to help improve my eyesight. Specifically, I take the vision supplement Natural Factors, Eye Factors, which also has Eyebright, and Bilberry Fruit. I don't mind wearing glasses, but it seemed that even with new prescription glasses, I was having trouble with focusing my eyes and with eyestrain. I work on the computer much of the day, and it was getting harder to switch my focus between close up items like the computer monitor and farther away items like the TV or down the hallway. Even in the grocery store, it was getting harder to see down the aisles. I have to be honest and say that the first time I took Eye Factors, I didn't have high hopes for it, and I wasn't sure that it was doing anything. It's only after I stopped taking it that I realized the difference. I started complaining that my eyesight was going bad fast... but then realized that it was just because I had gotten used to my vision being better from the lutein supplements. Now I'm taking it again and my vision isn't as blurry! As you know main ingredient in Eye Factors Lutein is a carotenoid vitamin. Other carotenoids are Cryptoxanthin and Zeaxanthin. Carotenoids are pigments that occur naturally in plants, and also in the eye. Lutein is related to Vitamin A. Lutein is best taken with a meal. Many studies and websites recommend a dose of about 6-12mg a day. Many multivitamins have only small amounts of lutein, like Eye Factors (only 2 grams per cap) so taking an extra lutein supplement may be helpful. Lutein is likely safe for most people. A dose of 10mg a day has been studied and determined as safe. You can also get lutein from your diet. A cup of cooked kale has 44 mg, a cup of cooked spinach has 26 mg, and a cup of broccoli has 3mg. Beside this, I will definitely continue to use these product and I definitely recommend them.

Natural Factors

Posted by Reviewer2488582 on Nov 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

You cannot go wrong with this brand or Dr Murray

Nice product!

Posted by Lynx312 on Apr 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After 2 weeks of usage I noticed that with this supplement my eyes stopped to feel tired!

not suitable

Posted by Reviewer3215016 on Apr 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

did not notice the difference in reception. of extensive, but low dose ingredients. chosen for the site reviews, so he is guilty. useless purchase, if there is an eye disease. more suitable for mild fatigue in her eyes

Photosensitivity Improved

Posted by Reviewer2465794 on Jan 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I’m in my early 40’s and have worn glasses since my late teens. Apart from short-sightedness, the main vision problems I have are (computer use-related) photosensitivity, poor night vision, and floaters. I’ve been trying a few supplements to help with these issues and also to guard against age-related macular degeneration. I’ve tried both bilberry and lutein/zeaxanthin but didn’t notice much improvement of any kind. I thought I’d give this product a try since it‘s such a good price, and lo and behold, I’ve noticed quite an improvement with the photosensitivity. I’ve just re-ordered and I may try combining it with Jarrow‘s CarotenALL or Country Life‘s Carotenoid Complex in future. Note that I’ve been taking 3-a-day; experience has taught me that supplement manufacturers tend to be conservative with their dosage guidelines. If you want to try this, I’d recommend taking the maximum dose.