Help

Helpful only if you actually buy the products advertised

Posted by j44lee on Apr 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

You can't get something for nothing, which is the case of this book. It's just a huge products advertisement cleverly disguised as a free book. Pass.

some sound advice

Posted by Kyriaki on Apr 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

however my gripe with Michael Murray is how much he has cashed in on his reputation since writing the Encyclopaedia of Natural Medicine or being on Oprah or some such. Once a major opponent of using fish oils as a source of omega 3 (see book: he repeatedly advises using flaxseed instead ), since attaching his name to the bottle of the same , he has become one of their staunchest supporters. Contradictions discourage me. Nonetheless, all reading is worthwhile as it usually leads to some light-bulbs flashing and everything can be cross referenced if you devote some time.

Dr. Murray has a great book

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This brief book on Stress, anxiety and insomnia is a excellent read for anyone with any of these issues and does not want to take the drug route. He gets right to the point with some very practicle approaches to all of these issues. There is also some excellent information on blood sugar management as that can be a cause of insomnia and of course other health issues. He suggests many natural products which you can get at your local health food store or on line at iherb. I have tried some personnally and recommended some of the very ideas he shares and they often are effective. Remember nothing works on everyone 100% of the time as we are all complicated individuals. You can get this book for FREE with any order. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. You will see my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Good book, but second half reads like an infomercial for PGX

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I read the book cover to cover. There are many good points made about stress and anxiety and insomnia and the urgent need to deal with the issues that are causing these debilitating conditions in your life. Michael Murray, like all naturopaths, can't help having cheap pot shots at the medical profession throughout the book. The hypocrisy of the fact that he then sells nutritional supplements throughout the book, with entire chapters dedicated to selling PGX, gives the book a commercial bias and makes it sound like he has an axe to grind.

great little book

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

little but very helpful and interesting book, even if you're not stressed out. I ordered it just because it was for free and I thought it would be lame, just like many others free health brochures, but I'm really pleasantly surprised.

What a Pleasant Surprise!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This book came as my 'freebie'. What a great, concise, informative and practical source for managing, avoiding or eliminating stress, anxiety and depression. Thanks iHerb!

Nothing new or special and full of in-your-face advertising.

Posted by Leione on Apr 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This book does have some valid points, but they're nothing new or special and come with a whole lot of not-so-subtle advertising. Definitely not a book I would recommend. Well, at least, it was free.

Must read!

Posted by healthydoesit on Aug 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is a must read for anyone! With the way our work is now, so many people are suffering from more stress, anxiety, and health issues due to the fast paced internet and social media demands. We are always on call. Emails, texts, notifications... constantly interrupting moments that used to be sacred. We never have a minute to ourselves to just relax, enjoy some peace, and not feel like we have to answer to everyone at all times. Stress is the MAIN FACTOR in all nearly all disease. It took me a long time to realize this, but when my health crashed, I suddey saw it more clearly than ever before. Even if you don't suffer from anxiety, this book will explain things that doctor's don't talk to you about. Our health is in our own hands. We can heal or we can continue to too full speed and eventually crash. I recommend this book for anyone. Really. If my review helped you, please check the yes box below. Take a look at my page for more than 150 honest reviews on products I've purchased right here on iherb!

Good bang for the size

Posted by Chunkypeaches on Dec 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It's a small, easy to read, logical book. It makes you take a look at yourself, and realize just how ridiculous you can be to yourself, by going overboard with bull shlaka.

Good and quite informative!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a great book, considering that it’s free! It’s fairly detailed and doesn’t get too technical. It offers practical steps and supplements to use in order to overcome the problems raised in the book like blood sugar, coping with stress. The book is not too big and heavy as well, making it easy to carry around. However, as with any books by Dr Murray, he tends to pro mote natural factors company supplements such as PGX. Check out my page for more reviews!