PREFER ZINC CITRATE - Solgar, Natural Factors, Nutricology - it doesn't matter which

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I decided to try this zinc because I didn't want a 50mg mega-dose and I wanted a break from organic acids such as citrate, gluconate. I also wanted a tablet without a lot of added junk. However, there's something about this that causes me to feel very blah when I take it - the same is not true of zinc citrate or gluconate. I'm picking it's the HVP chelate - not a good option as far as I'm concerned (probably rice or tapioca). Picolinate is a pyridine derivative therefore not suitable for everyone, plus I find picolinate causes rhinintis - so it's back to citrate for me, which I've never had bad reactions to - ever - regardless of brand (e.g. Solgar, Natural Factors, Nutricology). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Magnesium Sterate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Found out this was in the product. Didn't even take it. I don't think this belongs in a vitamin. Take it out.

Good Quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

These zinc supplements are great. They're gentle on my stomach and allow me to easily spread out higher doses when needed. They help with my immunity and moderate acne especially. I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been using zinc supplement (50mg per day) for 30 years on the recommendation of a doctor. I am now 70 and have had no prostate problems. Keeps my physician happy.

zinc

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

keeps foot oder and body oder down

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Use this for me son who goes thorugh phases of mouthing and it along with calcuim have help tremendously

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take this to stabilize my insulin levels....has helped a lot

A quality zinc.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I always take zinc. I can tell if it is quality by the condition of my fingernails. I will keep buying this one.

Good immune booster

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Very satisfied with this zinc in tablet form. Easy to swallow. Boosts my immune system; haven't had any kind of infection for quite some time, even when those in my immediate family were sick one after the other. Good price. Bottle lasts 3 months, as I take one a day at bed-time.

Great quality chelate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have taken these when I felt the tingle of a cold sore approaching and never got one, many many times.

1 2 3