A Godsend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Over the past few years I began to develop food allergies. Originally I reacted only to beer and wine, though quite severely (angioedema). Recently however, an allergist gave me a large panel of tests for inhalants that sent me into anaphylaxis. After that almost every food did the same. The only way I could eat at all was by following the strictest diet suggested by the International Chronic Urticaria Society. Even then eating was like walking through a mine field and I never knew which food was going to send me to the E. R. Now, however, with Histame, I can eat normally without reaction unless I eat too many histamine rich foods at once. Even then, with a little planning and 2 or 3 capsules I can compensate. I still keep my Atarax and Epipen handy, but I now eat without fear and life is returning to normal.

didn't work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and frequent migraine headaches which are often triggered by food intolerance, but this product for some reason exacerbated my headaches and abdominal issues, rather than helping them.

Histame works for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have taken Histame to alleviate the headaches and problems caused by drinking red wine and the after effects of eating Chinese food. I have been taking them as required for 3 weeks and it seems to be working for me as I have had no problems.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Highly recommended for people with ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease, urticaria, or similar conditions where high histamine levels are causing damage. (The urticaria anti-histamine diet mentioned by another poster is also very helpful). To ensure maximum efficacy, I always take one pill within 5-15 minutes of most meals. I chew a small piece of fresh ginger (or take a ginger pill), and I don't drink too much water to avoid diluting gastric acids. For an even better effect, take a teaspoon of psyllium fiber with water, at least 20 minutes before big meals. This will coat bowels and reduce gut permeability.

A valuable product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

For people like me who have several food intolerances besides histamin overload, it is such a relief to have access to something that actually works and takes away the anxiety off a restaurant visit. It has helped me reduce nightly panic attacks and insomnia due to too much histamine/ too little melatonin. It has reduced my sensitivity to chemical smells, too. Iherb's prices and offers for this product are really good.

Life Saver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product literally saves me if I have alcohol. I think I may have a sensitivity or allergy to alcohol, but if I take 1 of these within 15 min of my first drink, I don't suffer near as much from drinking. I have had less dramatic results when I've tried this on lactose or junk food. Thus, I think the difference is this product is for a true allergy or sensitivity. For "bad" foods, I prefer a digestive enzyme beforehand.

Really helps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had a lot of health problems recently, and I am testing allergic to every single food. While I think the cause of my problems is something else, this significantly reduces my symptoms! I took it with every meal for a weekend and I felt great. I figure I should just take them once in awhile though, so I try to take them once a day and my symptoms are improved.

This does seem to help.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am a migraine sufferer and one of my most common triggers is wine of any color. But I love a glass of wine with dinner, so I tried this Histame product to see if it would help. It does seem to work, though it doesn't work every time. (Wines contain varying amounts of sulfites, so you never know how much is in any given bottle.) But, it works well enough that I can enjoy some wines with dinner now. So, I'll just try to avoid the wines that still cause a problem.

Histame

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Found Histame great for relieving the symptoms of Lichen Sclerosis. Wouldn't want to be without it now. Also I am Histamine Intolerant as well. So these capsules work a bit of magic.

Worked for me when I can not be Gluten Free!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to try when I have had wheat/ gluten and could not avoid eating it. They worked really well, no bloating, reflux or other issues caused by my consuming things that contain wheat/ gluten.