What a difference no fillers makes! It's hypoallergenic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Most things with fillers make me wheeze - I tried different brands of taurine caps (Solgar, Source Naturals), different doses, removed contents from caps - made no difference. I don't know what 'vege' source manufacturers use for stearates etc, but anything with stearic anything makes me wheeze - it's really annoying! I tried this, and voila! NO WHEEZE. So it's either great (or completely useless, and that's why I don't wheeze - however, I'm going with the former, due to noticeable, beneficial physiological effects - not placebo). I've read (and found) that nuts and seeds are potent sulfur/taurine antagonists - anything high in B15, e.g. brown rice. This can lead to allergies (MCS), reduced insulin, issues with hair/skin/nails (including dandruff). It can also compromise selenium status (they are synergists), which can have flow on effects (e.g. low vit D - synergistic with selenium). I've also read of other nutrients that interfere with taurine synthesis - e.g. B5. Anyway - this powder is fantastic. Good value for money, and (small thing) - I like the container for it's easy access to the contents. I don't take a lot - one eighth of a teaspoon at a time - because megadosing means having to megadose other things and I'd rather not get stuck in the supplement trap. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Perfect for the kitty!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I use this taurine in the raw diet I make for my cat. Even after only a few weeks of using it I can really see an improvement in his coat and eyes. It is much easier to use than the capsule type taurine. I do wish it came with a 1/4 tsp scoop already inside, but that is not a major inconvenience anyway. I add taurine to the mix before it is frozen, and a little extra every day to make sure it does not degrade in the freezer.

Good and cheap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is by far the best value-for-money taurine I've ever bought. I'm not using it myself, but mixing it in my cat's food. I have 4 cats, but I still think it's gonna last a very long time.

Decent Price/Quantity

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to deal with a weak heart and anxiety especially when using caffeine. It seems to work ok for both, and the price is better than other brands.

Liver helper

Posted by Jeanne1974 on Feb 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

According to Dr. Sandra Cabot, Liver expert, we need Taurine to produce bile. I believe it has helped me tremendously. Update - using this with glycine, and vitamin C, and lecithin has helped my liver to heal a lot. However the real healing did not take place till I began praying in earnest to God for help. Just after almost giving up, I had a lab test and an Ultrasound that confirmed my liver is completely better! It does help to persevere in prayer. If you read Carlos Annacondia's book, there is a prayer for his readers who are sick in one of the chapters - it really helped me, plus all the stories of those who were healed through prayer (The book has an odd name, but don't be put off by that).

BEST TAURINE POWDER EVER!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I used to use the more expensive brands, but this one does the job! I take 2-3 small teaspoons into my tea everyday! Makes me feel great

Perfect!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Taurine saved me from frequent PVC (premature ventricular contractions) in a matter of days! I've used locally obtained pills with Taurine, but then looked for pure form. I can tell the difference, and I am grateful iHerb has it! Thank you!

good one

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i take it about a week. easy to swallow, no taste

Easy and inexpensive

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Easy and inexpensive way to take Taurine. Easily dissolves in water.

Neutral powder