Terrible for fine hair

Posted by Reviewer2176359 on Apr 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo really did not work for me at all. I have fine hair, and it made my hair dull, sticky, flat and hard to comb. It really looked terrible. I did not like the strong smell of pineapple either. I used it once, and threw the rest away.

Great ingredients, but as a shampoo, it's terrible.

Posted by Caerulea on May 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The best things about this shampoo is that it's organic, vegan, biodegradable, free of sulfates, parabens, petroleum, phthalates, PEGs, EDTA, silicon, gluten, phenoxyethanol, GMOs, BPA, diaxane, toxic chemicals, synthetic additives, harsh preservatives or fragrances, never tested on animals, and contains a lot of safe, natural, plant derived and organic ingredients: saponified sunflower and coconut oils are supposed to gently cleanse the scalp and hair, draw out excess dirt, oil and product buildup, remove impurities and dead skin cells without stripping the scalp's protective layer, avocado and virgin coconut oils are known for deeply moisturizing, nourishing and conditioning the scalp and hair, locking in moisture and preventing dryness and dehydration, apple cider vinegar is capable of exfoliating dead skin cells, unclogging hair follicles, removing buildup from hair shafts, balancing the pH of the scalp, regulating sebum production, reducing dandruff and flakiness, improving cellular circulation, preventing scalp infections, stimulating cell renewal and regeneration, conditioning and rejuvenating the scalp and hair, pro moting keratin production and hair growth, green tea, rice, grapefruit, pomegranate and pineapple extracts and sugar cane are great for toning, soothing, healing, reviving, revitalizing, invigorating and rejuvenating the scalp and hair follicles, conditioning and detangling the hair, making it soft, smooth and shiny, restoring its elasticity, providing body and shine, adding volume at the root and preventing hair loss, xanthan gum is a natural binder, emulsion stabilizer and viscosity controlling agent. This shampoo has a very pleasant smell, too. But unfortunately, despite having all these great ingredients, as a shampoo, this product is a complete disaster: it doesn't lather at all, horribly tangles my hair, making it heavy, dull, flat and impossible to comb. I can't use it as a shampoo at all, but it's great as a hand wash, though.

excellent shampoo

Posted by x-tine on Apr 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Smells great, foamy and all natural! Though I find I also need a conditioner after its use, this shampoo really does add a fuller, thicker effect on hair.

Great for shor hair!

Posted by Reviewer2357750 on Oct 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product really thickens your hair. However, I do believe that it's only suitable for short or medium hair.

good

Posted by Reviewer1762414 on May 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

good

the only organic and raw shampoo at iherb! Nice smell too.

Posted by Reviewer3102668 on Feb 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am very satisfied. The only organic and raw shampoo at iherb! Nice smell too. Plus it has many ingredients beneficial to the hair like coconut oil and cider vinegar. pH balanced too.

Did not like

Posted by Reviewer2023372 on Jan 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

From this shampoo for my husband and me dandruff! The smell is very pleasant. Consistency with shampoo oil like. Hair washes bad!

Worst shampoo ever

Posted by Reviewer2300682 on Sep 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Like that this shampoo is all natural and chemical-free, but it leaves my hair waxy. I can hardly get a brush through it to blow dry. I'm either going to send back or throw away.

i like it

Posted by 4879023784136758979 on Dec 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

very good

Completely natural!

Posted by 5356871390337071752 on Apr 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Finding a shampoo as clean and pure as this one was really hard! I searched for days on iHerb and finally found this. I have a mix between Nordic and mediterranean hair so fine to medium, and this shampoo does give my hair noticably more body and volume. It smells a little like candy, and a little does *not* go a long way. I've already almost used the whole thing. Generally I've noticed that most natural shampoos other than Burt's Bees make me have to wash it every 2-3 days. It gets greasy quicker.

1 2