Help

Highly Effective !!! :)

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I started taking these after an elective surgery earlier this year, where I had lost a lot of blood. Post surgery my Serum Ferritin was about 7. I had to have a transfusion and Iron shots as this was considered so low. This stabilised me to about 10-11. My Doctor then gave me some post op pharmacy type iron in syrup form. I firmly detested the taste of this syrup even though I had previously taken the pill/ pellet form pre-op. Whilst it was not too harsh the taste was not great and I had some mild stomach upset/ issues. I therefore decided to give these a try. I have tried many types of Iron over the years each with less than desirable consequences. These are in my opinion by far the best. They also appear to be gentler on the body and digestive system. Fast-forward 4 months and my Fe level is now 49 !!! It has never been anywhere near that in my life. Granted this may also be due to the surgery which has stemmed the source of my monthly bleeds however the highest my Fe has ever been naturally was 11. I have also seen other health benefits as a result . I initially took 2 of these every day for the first two months for maximum effect. I took each tablet with 500mg of Vitamin C (American Health Ester C brand) to boost absorption before lunch and dinner. I have since dropped down to 1x a day and plan to stay on this dose to allow my hair to grow back after years of chronic Iron deficiency. Thereafter I will give my liver a break :) If you are a woman who suffers from Iron deficiency anaemia as a result of menstrual issues, I would highly recommend these.

Much Needed Formula

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the only product of it's kind I've ever found. It effectively corrected my iron-deficient anemia and yet caused NO stomach upset or GI problems.

This stuff is GREAT!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Saw a remarkable improvement in my Iron levels after taking this product! I won't be without it!

The ONLY supplement to increase my hemoglobin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The way this is made must have something to do with the fact that it is the only supplement to increase my hemoglobin levels. No other vitamins or iron supplements have worked.

Awesome Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've used several iron supplements upon recommendations from my doctor and pharmacist. None of them came close to the clarity I've re-attained by using this more complete iron supplement. Thanks for supplying a great product.

Highly recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Hema-Plex brings my iron levels up quicker than other brands I've tried and give me a much needed energy boost.

recommended by midwife

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

best source of iron, recommended by my midwife

Terrific Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the only product I've found that has the level of iron I need. 85mg is amazing -- I take two just because I need more iron than 85mg a day. I am allergic to a lot of things, but this product has never caused a problem. I recommend it highly.

Awesome product!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was having a terrible time with heavy menstruation related anemia (fibroids). Extreme fatigue was a real problem for me. I've only been taking Hema-Plex for 3 weeks and I feel 150% better. The best thing about this product is that it's very easy on my stomach.

Nature's Plus, Hema-Plex, Multinutrient Hematinic Supplement, 30 Tablets