needs 2 capsules per day, so less value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like the product in general because it is vegetarian. But in order to get the proper dosage of 5000 IU one must take 2 capsules per day. So that means that it is only for 30 days. I thought it was for 60 days and each capsule has the daily dose. So this makes it more expensive and less value than I thought.

Best Organic Vitamin D Available! Non-GMO!

Posted by InTuneWithNature on Oct 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Vitamin D from organic sources of fruits, vegetables, green foods, mushrooms, and algae. In fact, the first supplement to provide 5000 IU of 100% plant-source cholecalciferol, from a variety of organic, healthful mushrooms. from all-natural, organic whole foods! Having natural whole food Enzymes gives much better absorption by your body. The Best there is!

Contains Carrageenan

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Product contains Carrageenan. This unnecessary additive causes a lot of digestive distress. According to a recent Cornucopia report it could be carcinogenic, even when it's food-grade.

Fabulous!

Posted by NATURALINSPIRATIONSTATION on Mar 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was on the search for a Vit D that was 'clean' and powerful. I have had extremelty low Vit D for the last 4 years with nothing raising the levels. I took this brand to my naturopath here in Australia and she was super impressed with the ingredients. So much so that now she recommends this product to her clients if they can't afford prescribed naturopathic products, that tend to be rather expensive. My levels have raised well and truly with this product and this is a product I will continue to take for life.

Brought my daughters levels up to normal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My daughter was deficient in D and was perscribed 50,000 once a week for 6 weeks. After researching how this overdose per day could throw off the balance of calcium etc. I decided to go the natural way with Nature's Plus. She took the daily requirement for the 6 weeks. Her levels are up to normal and she and the rest of my family continue to take 1 per day 2,500 iu (1 capsule)to keep our levels on target. Suggested is 2,000 so sometimes we skip a day or two. Love that it's not synthetic! No side effects from these.

Mushrooms as sun rays!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product, raises blood levels of Vitamin D. In Winter I take 2 capsules twice a week, or 1 capsule four times a week. Brilliant & can't get anything as effective or easy to take in Australia. Thanks iHerb!!

Nature's Plus, Source of Life, Garden, Vitamin D3, 60 Veggie Caps

Posted by msturglifestyle on Nov 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

2500 iu per capsule of D3 from mushrooms. Not sure if this makes a difference being extract of mushroom but one would think it is how the body would prefer it.

Works for us

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My husband has digestive issues (ulcerative colitis), and cod liver oil does not agree with him. He takes these with no problem, and has been in good health since he started on them.

Hit the spot

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Prior to these I have used other D vitamin tablets(D2 though) and have nevere felt any effect. Of course it is hard to be certain but I was feeling quite tired (like spring fever) for two weeks prior to using these pills, once I started using them, my enegergy level really improved and I was no longer sleepy during the day. I could be a coincidence but than again could be becouse of this product. Really like the fact that these are not synthetic.

Great whole food D3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My daughter has Type 1 Diabetes and has very low vit D levels. Other brands of vitamin D caused increased blood sugar. She was sensitive to something in them. This was a life saver. She's been taking for months and hasn't affected her sugars. Hoping it has increased the low vit D levels.