Best vitamin for mommy & baby!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I began taking this 6 months before attempting to conceive to ensure my body was healthy and the baby would begin her most critical development in the most nurishing environment possible. I continued taking it through my pregnancy and now while lactating. It was recommened by a midwife because it produces extremely healthy babies. I had a 52 hour labor and vaginal delivery and after all that my daughter had a 9 on her 1 minute and 5 minute APGAR. She weighed 7.5 lbs. and nearly doubled her weight in 8 weeks on just breast milk. I produced so much milk that I had to pump and store the excess or it would just leak all over my clothes. I've heard this vitamin produces these great results consistenly in mothers who take it while pregnany and nursing. My daughter is 17 months old, still nursing, and she is at the 99.9% for her age in both height and weight. She is also performing in the top 5% in development of verbal, gross motor, fine motor and social skills. This vitamin is just part of a mostly organic, vegetarian, wholistic lifestyle. When I miss a couple days of this vitamin, I notice my milk is thinner and less abundent and my skin get dry, especially around the lips and face. I strongly recommend this vitamin to all women, even those not yet pregnant or nursing. Last thing to note: my blood iron levels (hemolobin etc) are in the high healthy range, and never were before using this vitamin. I never get chills and feel warm at all times. Great for anemia! Good luck!

Rather big pills to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Found it hard to swallow, even though i took it one at a time.. I think it is giving me abit of discomfort in my stomach..

Awesome vitamins for pregnancy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These vitamins made such a huge difference in the way that I felt while pregnant. I highly recommend them! I used the regular ones while pregnant with our first, but having gestational diabetes with our second, i needed more and these made a world of difference!

pretty good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i like the ingredients in these prenatals, but having to swallow 2 giant pills is almost too much for my throat and stomach to handle.