A cost-effective source of L. Reuteri (and 18 other probiotics) - really helped me

Posted by ShaktiSophia on Jul 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This probiotic supplement contains some L. Reuteri, which is not found in all probiotics supplements. L. Reuteri has many valuable properties for maintaining a healthy immune system, balancing other beneficial bacteria in the body, inhibiting the growth of some very harmful pathogens etc and we should all have it in our bodies (it is supposed to be present in breast milk), but it was found that some people just don't have it at all, and that supplementation can successfully implant it in the gut (over time). After many severe treatments including antibiotics (for typhoid fever among others) and several trips to Third World countries, I suffered from general bowel sensitivity and candida overgrowth. I was found depleted in probiotics, and thus started using various probiotics supplements. This one has made a difference after a few days, and I was feeling fine after the first bottle, after which I kept taking it for a while. Stopping after just 2 bottles was a bit too soon apparently, so I'm back on it. I plan to keep taking it regularly for maintenance and wouldn't hesitate to increase the dose in case of digestive problems. It is travel-friendly, since it doesn't require refrigeration. I found it much better than some more expensive formulas. The only thing is that to keep the benefits over time seems to require regular maintenance, probably at least a few bottles per year, if not all the time (which can't do any harm).

Works well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I had terrible foul stenching stools, associated with terrible body odor (outdoor smell range of 20 ft :s) I am trying a range of products to get rid of this. I came across the solution of adding probiotics, with the intent that my gut and intestines have too much bad bacteria in it fermenting food, and releasing toxins, hence the smell. After trying this product, my stools smell immediately disappeared. I still have this bad body odor (foul sweet like), but I think it has also lessened. SO overall great product!! But never tried any other probiotic supplement, so i cant compare it to others.

Probiotic comparison

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Seems like a good product and is a great price for it but I've found other brands that have helped me more. This one is great for traveling, no need for refrigeration, and it did help somewhat with bloating and digestion but I'll stick with my other brands.

great for candida

Posted by sherri20 on Jun 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Works great for candida... taking 3 a day until under control

Amazing Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I had been having problems with bloating and diarrhea. I was constantly using anti-biotics, which worried me as I had heard that is not good. Another doctor suggested "probiotics" instead. It was amazing how much they helped. I no longer have the bloating and feel so much better!

Love this

Posted by MariCh on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It contains most of my favorite strains. You can feel the difference. If you want to up your pre and probiotics tremendously, research fermented vegetables and body ecology as well.

Candy from Illinois Quad Cities

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product! I take 2 per day and it has greatly improved the pH balance in my system.

Tennesseeian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2007 | Verified Purchase

A wonderful product. For the stomach flu I had read online to use up the pills in the bottle, or until you felt better, and to do this in one day. It worked! I would not be without this product.

Better and Cheaper

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This controls my wife's acid reflux at a fraction of the cost of prescription. Healthier too.

They seem to be working

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Have been using after a trip where I got some brutal food poisoning, and seem to be helping get my tummy issues back to normal