WHOLEFOOD NON-GMO New Beauty Secret

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. WHOLEFOOD vitamin C supports your immune health. But it has another quality often overlooked by dermatologists and the skin-care industry. Vitamin C could very well be one of the most underappreciated beauty enhancers in the world. Not only does it protect your skin from free radical damage to help keep your face smooth and even-toned, it also helps your body create something that is the telltale marker of youth – collagen. Topical collagen is too big to be absorbed through the pores in your skin. It’s much more effective to supplement vitamin C. And if you can get enough, you’ll start to notice a difference in the elasticity and overall feel of your skin. Vitamin C will help keep your body producing healthy, normal amounts of collagen for fresh, glowing skin, hair and nails.

The only Vitamin C capsule not derived from GM corn

Posted by Reviewer3133547 on Jan 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Almost all Vitamin C pills are made from corn with no guarantee that it is non GM corn source. Nature's Way Alive! Vit C is derived from whole foods rather than corn. The only drawback is that to get 500 mg Vit C, requires taking 4 capsules.

Too low dose by far

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Oct 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

That 'natural C' is completely differnet to ascorbic acid is just complete guff. They act the same way in the body, except buying 'natural C' like this costs you hundreds of times more and make it very unlikely you'll ever take a dose big enough to do anything much for you at all. Ditch this and take 10 or more grams of the vitamin C the vitamin C experts and pioneers all use - ascorbic acid. This is the form of vitamin C that animals make in their livers and kidneys and that humans used to make in their livers and kidneys. Our bodies are primed to use this form of vitamin C! This product is fine to take alongside ascorbic acid..extra bioflavs are always good, but it is not enough by itself as the dose is far too low.

Great Quality, Organic Whole Food Vitamins.

Posted by thesvetlana on Aug 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Good line of vitamins. I switched to all organic whole food vitamins and minerals for proper absorption. The human body will not properly recognize and metabolize synthetic vitamins. These work great!

How wrong can you go with 100% whole food

Posted by Reviewer2949279 on Mar 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A winner - it's near impossible looking for Vitamin C pills that are made wholly from actual fruit. Only complaint probably is that you get very little out of one capsule (125 mg), so you'd be emptying the bottle pretty quickly if you're used to at least 1000 mg daily. I think the powder form might be a better option cos that gives 500 mg with every teaspoon.

Why sent from the Ohio warehouse in 98°F weather to S. California

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jul 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

it was a balmy 74 degrees in Southern California when I ordered this. I expected it to come from the Inland Empire warehouse in California. For some silly reason they shipped this from Ohio, where it was 98°F and it took 3 days to arrive and roasted in 98° F weather. Goodness knows how hot it was in the back of a UPS truck & warehouses those 3 days, possibly reached 120°F in there. heat-sensitive supplements such as these are not to be sent in such heat and I am always responsible buyer and never buy anything when our weather here is in the upper nineties. However since iherb has opened a warehouse in Ohio I can no longer control this so my shopping here has decreased by 80% in the past two years. Bottom line, this might be a good product but it is not effective for me like my other vitamin C.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1968749 on Jul 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I drink 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules in the evening. It helps boost my energy specially when I lack sleep. Very good fiber supplement, make sure you drink it at least 30 min before meal time. Sometimes I forget to do that, but still works good!

Whole Food C

Posted by Reviewer2882806 on May 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was using synthetic vitamin C, but I'm currently experimenting with natural vitamin C. I like that it's organic and comes in a 125 mg capsule dose. I was delighted to see that this is in a glass bottle with a regular screw cap.

Nature's Way, Alive! Vitamin C, Whole Food Complex, 120Vcapts

Posted by Reviewer2500502 on Dec 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used Alive for years and love the fact that it is a whole food complex and that is is in Vcaps. I'm glad I can order it online and the service is excellent with iHerb.

Good product.

Posted by Reviewer2951376 on Dec 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My family just loves to have this every day. It really helps us from early cold symptoms.