Dead on arrival

Posted by woeishyang on Jul 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Something seems to be wrong with the bottle I've received, there seems to be absolutely no biological activity at all. To test if your bottle is affected, simply mix 2 teaspoon full of powder with some milk and set it in your yogurt maker. If the milk curds after a few hours then yours is fine, however if your milk remains the same then you have received a dud too.

helped us

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Our second child was quite fussy but not by definition colicky. He rarely slept more than 2 hrs straight for his first 6 months. We tried everything including taking him to a chiropractor. Nothing was helping and we thought he was the most intense person we knew. Both the chiro and pediatrician recommended probiotics to help but since he was nursed we couldn't introduce them until solids. A few weeks after starting the probiotics he was sleeping 6 hours without waking and soon got up to 9 hours. After one month we realized he was now the happiest baby and not intense and serious like he had been. We used them for several months then didn't reorder when we ran out. Two weeks later he started waking every few hours again so we got him right back on the probiotics. No one can say for sure if it truly is the probiotics, but for all of the health benefits and our experience with them we will continue using them.

Probiotics necessary for children!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Our granddaughter is 2-1/2 years old. We have been giving her this product every day since she was about a year old. She is very seldom sick with any kind of virus. It mixes great with any juice. We highly recommend this!

Works fast! Highly recommended.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My 9 month old son had diarrhea and hadn't been eating well for almost two weeks. My doctor recommended a probiotic for him so I tried this one. It was great! Within two days, his digestive functions were restored to normal and he was eating like crazy! I give it to him with just a little formula mixed in a bottle- it has a sweet taste by itself so he has no problems taking it.

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I give this to my children every day for maintenace and they rarely ever sick and I have always been able to avoid the doctor, this stuff seems to really help keep their immune systems up to snuff.

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I notice when my son takes this that he is more regular and doesn't catch all the colds and sore throats that are going around school. This doesn't just help digestions but the immune system too. My son is 4 and happily takes the powder straight out of the container--he likes the taste.

Excellent for a dog with IBD

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have a Great Dane with GI problems that have been diagnosed as due to IBD. I have not followed the vet's recommendation to put him on steroids. Instead, I have tried probiotics. Not all of them worked. Before trying Primadophilus Children Powder with FOS, I had him on Healthy Origins Probiotic, which worked great (stopped the diarrhea). This probiotic also works great, at a fraction of the cost.

Tastes good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My infant & toddler both take it and neither spits it out. In fact, my toddler calls it "yummy." I gave it to my infant to treat digestive upsets such as gas, & frequent spitting up... so far he has less gas. I gave it to my toddler after a round of antibiotics to firm things up, and it has seemed to work. The amount used (1/2 tsp for babies, 1 tsp for kids) is small and the small tub will probably last for 4-6 weeks, so a great price for probiotics, especially considering that others cost much more (i.e., Bio Gaia costs $39+ for 1/2 ounce).

Not adviced for sensetive babies tummies

Posted by nirinki on Oct 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

it contains all the allergens : lactose, soy etc... my baby had gasy reaction to it. So we have ended up ordering another lactose / soy free probiotics ("Custom probiotics")

Primadophilus to the Rescue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my cats for general use. They find the taste pleasant dissolved in water and even lick the powder right off my palm. One time, one of my cats had a severe reaction after being administered an antibiotic pill on an empty stomach by a vet. He began to regurgitate every hour to a few hours over the next 24 hours. It was painful to watch but my vet could only advice withholding food, while my cat could not even keep the water down. So I figured, since antibiotics robs the GI lining of both good and bad flora, and since esophagus is surely part of it, what if I replenished the good flora with this to soothe the inflammation? I gave a syringe of water dissolved solution through the side of his mouth just soon after the idea found me, and like magic the nausea / inflammation reaction stopped, and he could keep the water down and rest well that night. Unlike vets, we moms and pops look after our fur babies 24/7 at home. It would have worked with other brands as well, but something about this product seemed right and I am grateful that I have kept this particular bottle on hand.