Reuteri saved my firends life

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My friend had c-difficile infestation in his colon. He picked it up at the hospital. It gave him volcanic Diarrhea which could explode at any time hence he had to wear a diaper. He was sore down there, dehydrated and very ill. Every antibiotic for this disease failed or succeeded only temporarily and he would relapse. We tried every pro-biotic on the market. None worked. that is until we tried this one. In one weekend taking three capsules a day his symptoms left him and a year later he does not remember the six months of hell he went through. It was so bad he told me he wished he would die. So hats of to reuterin which is the chemical produced by reuteri for destroying c-diff. Since that happened I make sure my parents and I have some around. It is especially effective if you have Diarrhea. But even if you are not sick it makes your colon healthier.

Not effective and contains modified cellulose, sodium alginate, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product contains modified cellulose, sodium alginate, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate, cheap and dangerous fillers. Modified cellulose is chemically treated. Sodium alginate is a thickener and flavor enhancer which may potentially lead to hypertension, calcium deficiency, and heart disease. Stearic acid is most likely to be animal derived (since it's not specified that it's plant derived) and may be neurotoxic and carcinogenic. Magnesium stearate is a lubricant used to prevent capsules from sticking to each other or the equipment being used, which creates a biofilm in the body and blocks the body from absorbing the necessary nutrients. After taking this product for 3 months, I haven't noticed any effect at all. Not somethingI would order again.

Excellent product for Rosacea maintenance

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Reuteri likes to live in the same places in the gut as H. pylori bacteria( bad bacteria linked to Rosacea ) Combined with Garden of Life, Primal Defense Ultra I am enjoying relief from the ugly skin issues caused by Rosacea.

Best Strain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Primadophilus Reuteri is an awesome strain. I am on long-term antibiotic therapy for lyme disease, so I need to take potent probiotics daily. This one works better than any other I've tried.

NOT EFFECTIVE ANY LONGER

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

doesn't contain the patented strain of REUTERI PROTECTIS any more! not even close to being effective like before!

Seem to help.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Taking other supplements as well for my colitis, could be just coincidence, but a few days after starting this product my colitis has improved. Also started taking enzymes, Boswellin, Tumeric and praying to God for help. Drugs keep giving me bad side effects, so I almost don't have a choice but to go natural.

Reuteri

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Took care of my colitis - works better than anything that I have ever tried.

reuteri & Saccharomyces Boulardii good stuff for c-diff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a very good probiotic. my husband has been in the hospital 3 times since jan of 2011.Hes been on some very strong antibiotis for c-diff and was still having problems with it .That is the most difficult thing we've ever fought, but the probiotics have helped him over come this demon disease that tries to ruin your life.He refused to take any more antibiotics,and has gotten better with the probiotics.We tried a lot of differant ones this one seems to be best he takes 1 am and pm and also Saccharomyces Boulardii by jarrow 1-2 a day... He is so much better...also gotta say iherb is the greatest i always try to order from them first if they have what i need, very fast delivery i live in so. ala. a long ways from ca. very reasonable ship charges to...

Seems to have a positive effect on candida/thrush

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Being outside the US, I needed a probiotic that could travel without ice. I wanted to buy Femdophilus but it doesn't ship without ice, so I looked for one that had the same strains. I had a slight flora imbalance that seemed to correct in a few days by taking this and treating locally with coconut and tea-tree oil. I am now taking daily and seem to have fought off any subsequent major attacks without changing my diet, and I know I have been eating too much chocolate and other sugar lately. I will continue to buy as it has the strains that are specific to women's candida/thrush.

Return, not sent Refigerated

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This Probiotic requires refrigeration to maintain potency. However, it was not shipped cold. I returned it because it was not refrigerated. However, this product in general if purchased and kept refrigerated is an EXCELLENT product.