recommended by my doctor; works for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I am a type 1 diabetic and my doctor, Richard K. Bernstein, is also a diabetic. He recommended this product to me because illnesses wreak havoc with blood sugars. As soon as I feel a sore throat coming on or other symptoms and my blood sugars are going up, I take two of these tablets three times a day for two days. That schedule has worked every time for me; the symptoms and high blood sugars are usually gone before the sixth dose is taken. The only time it doesn't work is if I'm already full-on sick. Then it's a waste of money to take the tablets. I LOVE these things because I don't love high blood sugar! They're just one more thing that helped me reverse the nonproliferative retinopathy I developed three years ago, before Dr. Bernstein was my doctor.

Sambucol is wonderful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this product since I had a very bad bout of flu 7 years ago - and have not had one since! I can see it's popularity is taking off, as for the first time ever when I tried to order, I could not get as much as I wanted, and many sites were completely sold out. I am a great fan of this wonderful product and take one tablet a day all year long (not just in flu season) and when I travel, one before boarding the plane, and one every 2 or 3 hours in transit. I strongly reccommend this product as I am so pleased with the results.

Sambucol Lozenges

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Have been using this product for several years by opening a bottle at the first sign of a cold and taking 2 lozenges three time a day until the bottle is empty (about 5 days). Symptoms are milder and usually gone before the bottle is empty. Normally get 1 to 3 colds a year in the Pacific NW.

not good vaue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

A very expensive way to get elderberry into you! Liquid is better.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Nature's Way Sambucus Black Elderberry Original Lozenges in the last stages of a bad flu this summer (after having used the syrup 5x/day for 2 weeks during the worst of the symptoms). The lozenges work great to prevent a relapse and are more easy to carry than the bottles of syrup. Will take them on a daily basis as a preventative this fall and winter to minimize my flu risk.

SAMBUCOL LOZENGES

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT THESE, PARTICULARLY WHEN TRAVELING. HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND THE TASTE IS VERY PLEASING.

the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

stops coughs, scratchy throats in their track1

different but still effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I'm glad Sambucol a sugar-free option again. Though it's re-formulated and easy to transport if you need to take it with you somewhere, I kind of miss the syrup they had... maybe I'm just a creature of habit but will need some time to get used to the lozenges. Nevertheless, the formula does work and I wouldn't be caught without it! I found iHerb to have the best deal.

SAMBUCUS .. ABOUT VERY GOOD PRICE

Posted by KLIK KLIK KLIK on Sep 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The first time Sambucus gave a friend. Children drank https://iherb.co/2VA4FRVj this one. In a day they were already healthy. Was very surprised. Now she bought the pastilles. The taste is good. Children with pleasure use. Since autumn comes I will buy 2 more banks. I recommend ....More interesting products - ON MY PAGE! Click on the green button in my name( KLIK KLIK KLIK ).

SAMBUCUS .. ABOUT VERY GOOD PRICE

Posted by KLIK KLIK KLIK on Sep 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The first time Sambucus gave a friend. Children drank https://iherb.co/2VA4FRVj this one. In a day they were already healthy. Was very surprised. Now she bought the pastilles. The taste is good. Children with pleasure use. Since autumn comes I will buy 2 more banks. I recommend .✔........More interesting products - ON MY PAGE! Click on the green button in my name( KLIK KLIK KLIK ). And get a GOOD D.I.S.C.O.U.N.T . There you will learn how to buy good foods .

Must have

Posted by odereviews on Jun 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Helps greatly with sore throat. This is one of the products you simply must have in your medical cabinet. Could be cheaper, but this helps so much with flu seasons, that it's a must have.