Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had a long term issue of mild to moderate depression lasting about 26 years. I didn't want to go onto anti depressants (SSRI's) and tried a lot of other supplements with varying amounts of success. Last year I finally relented and went onto SSRI's during a period of intense stress. They managed to numb me into a state where I didn't care and therefor gave me relief from the emotional trauma I was going thru BUT at a price. They didn't, as I would have supposed raise or uplift my mood, they just stopped me crashing out the bottom. I constantly felt numbed and unable to function as well. A month ago I weaned myself off in conjunction with my MD and then ordered Nature's Way St Johns Wort. They say you don't feel the effect for up to 6 weeks but I can tell you from personal experience I felt positive effects after the first dose. In the morning I was crying for no apparent reason, took one and 2 hours later felt better than I had in a long time. I have since been on them for a week sometimes one a day sometimes two and my mood has never been this good since the early 1980's. This is a true ANTI depressant in that it doesn't numb you but actually uplifts and helps me feel positive about life again. I thoroughly recommend this product. - KB Auckland

Works great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the only St John's Wort that I use now. I have used many other brands in the past and have found they didn't work as well as this particular brand does. I use it twice daily, 2 in the morning and 2 before bed. This works great for me and keeps me more "balanced". I used to have mood swings where I would get irritable or a little depressed and now I find that these symptoms are gone. If I miss a day or 2, the symptoms come back, so I know they are working.

Poor Man's Antidepressant

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Not many people know that the Europeans have been using these herbs for years as USA Prescribed Zolof, Prozak, the list is endless now. But, the Pharmaceutical Drugs have horrific side affects & can make you depend life long. St. John's Wort is a little Yellow Flower grown wild much in Ireland and surrounding countries. European have been taking it for years. To Combat the Stress of Depression & it's Crippling Life Altering Affects on Daily Life. It Naturally balances my mood & Sense of Well Being. I have suffered from DEPRESSION since childhood. Mother Earth grows all the things that ail us. And, Heal us Well. WONDERFUL PRODUCT.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This was incredible. I noticed a difference nearly right away, unlike all the others I've tried. It's very, VERY potent. I've had a little stomach upset, but that could be related to some of the other herbal supplements I'm taking too so I won't point the finger at this one. This is a definite keeper and this is the brand I'll stick with from now on.

sweet dreams : )

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

very good product, i am a pharmacist and i recommended this for mild depression and good mood.

Quality Stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I found this St John's Wort to be high Quality. All you need is one cap per day. Other brands I've taken I've needed up to 1200 mg...not this one. Very good depression relief and a great value too.

It seems works for depression but..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosticated depression in 1999. But only after ten years i decided to start Paxil. I've stopped paxil 1 month ago and after 10 days i started this Nature's way st john's wort. After 2-3 days (1 pills per day) i can say that it "took" the head and seems cure depression (i fell less anxious and less depressed, really). So, why 2 stars ? Because unluckly, i have bad intestinal problems after taking this! I'm not sure that could be this herb, but at the moment is the only supplements i take. I'll try to switch to another brand. Anyway, i'm sure st john's wort is good against depression ! Hope not to have side effects like this !

Did not notice any difference

Posted by Vancouver on Apr 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately, I did not notice any difference with my anxiety. Antidepressants and mindfulness help much better.

Makes me Happy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Sad is gone.. I smile and are more stabile in my mood... I live in the northern part of the world, and it's dark here during winter.. Depressions comes faster without sunshine... So this is part of my remedy, to stay vibrant and positive!! Will continue to buy this product :-)

Just what I needed to mellow

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After just taking (3) St. John's Wort tablets for a few days, I noticed my melancholyness and depression improve. Kudos to your shipping department . . . received my order within two days via regular mail.

1 2 3 4