5 * product for increasing progesterone but read on

Posted by Reviewer2567957 on Jun 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

If we are using for low progesterone-high estrogen problem, this product is fantastic. However, there will be a time when things get normal based completely on the person's body / metabolism/ health. Now when this happens, the "excess" progesterone problem will manifest in the form of deep depression, very dark moods, generalized pain and oh yeah weight gain! Gain may be 3-4 lbs however it will be like dragging a water reservoir while walking! Please take this review seriously and use this product with the help of a doctor only. I am still giving this product 5 stars as it can 'quickly' repair low progesterone issues.

Way better then the 40 mg

Posted by Reviewer1138344 on Sep 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking 3 400 mg of Vitex daily....for the first time in my life my cycles have gone from 90+ days down to 40 regularly. Soon I plan on moving up to 4 pills a day. I had been taking 100mg a day twice a day for 3 months and it only gave me one cycle. I would suggest starting with 1 400 a day then working up. On a plus side I have lost 10lbs since I started taking this with out changing anything. PLEASE BE AWARE: DO NOT MIX WITH CLOMID!

Great

Posted by Reviewer1279332 on Oct 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Couldn't get pregnant for 10 months after having been off the pill. I took this for about a month and got pregnant.

good so far

Posted by Reviewer3033190 on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I got this in conjunction with zinc and evening primrose oil in hopes of getting rid of my hormonal cystic acne and regulating my periods. After the first month there's been a great improvement. I'm hoping with continued use that things will get back to normal.

Vitex works for Hot flashes

Posted by Reviewer1856767 on Apr 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm 53 and started taking this because I was having hot flashes and I had fibroids in breast and uterus that were causing problems, after about 6 weeks I noticed a difference and after 3 months all is well, only some bleeding every 2 months from uterine fibroids but it was once a month so I am hoping it stops altogether over time. No more pain in my breast am taking serrapeptase and vitex. The two are working well along with God answering my prayers about this though supplementation. And iherb and reviews have help me find things for my overall health.

Helps with PCOS, but need to be patient

Posted by 5400789230897058908 on Mar 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have non-insulin resistant PCOS(Vitex might not work for those who have insulin resistant PCOS) and took this as instructed on the bottle(3 capsules/day for 12 weeks and then down to 1 capsule/day). After three frustrating months of no period at all, I finally got one. I still have to see if this product will regulate my cycle yet, but so far I'm hopeful - my acne-prone skin definitely got better(but no magical change as some people say). Some of you may see its effect right away - in a couple of weeks/months but it took nearly 14 weeks for me. After all, they say that best results are obtained with continuous, long-term use, but waiting can be hard. Just be patient and let Vitex sort you out. ------- it truly works! My periods are regulated from +90 days to 31-32 days. I am extremely grateful. This does wonders.

Vitex is great

Posted by Reviewer3293280 on Jun 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My period is so much lighter taking the vitex. I have severe endometriosis and it is definitely helping combined with DIM

I think it works...

Posted by Reviewer2204690 on Oct 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had not had menses in almost 10 months! I took these for 2.5 weeks and then dropped off. I'm bad about not taking pills like I should. I started my cycle today. I was totally shocked. So, I was only on these for 2.5 weeks.

BHP

Posted by Reviewer1267716 on Jul 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

prostate relieve... hormone balance in man in favor of progesterone insted of estradiol

Good Product but Capsules made by Pork and Beef Gelatin

Posted by Mayaah on Mar 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I think this is a great product but I was disapoinnted when I asked to the compagny what they use for their capsules, she told me they use pork and beef gelatin in all their products. I thought they use fish gelatin, Next time I will check closely, I had to throw up the bottle. The brand is "Nature's Way" well not really. If this review is helpful click on YES.