Help

Super collagen, It works great.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this for over a year and noticed the small wrinkles on my cheeks are almost gone. Now this may sound like everyone else's but I'm not 50 or 60 years old, I'm 82 and look 20 years younger. One check out gal asked if I had cosmetic surgery, I just laughed, the woman behind me said OMG you look like you are 60 not 80. So you younger gals, work on it now you'll look better later. I just bought a three wheel bike with a huge basket to get my dog food. I have very little pain when I keep moving and keep taking collagen, I also take hyaluronic acid with collagen. I'm a retired RN, so research everything I take, this is one.

Neocell, Super Collagen, Type 1 & 3, 7 oz ( CYSTS) 9

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I took this product for 6 days and I stopped because I developed 2 cysts, one on my upper chest and another on my neck. Even though I haven't taken it for 2 days, I now have about 8 or so, even one on my back. I have never had a problem with my skin breaking out and I'm past child bearing age. I have taken collagen before and it never caused me any problems. I decided to add this to my regime and viola! Cysts and breakouts galore. BE CAREFUL! I read that other people had the same reaction as I have had on this product. I don't know how long before these breakouts will go away, I have had the first 2 for about 4 days and they haven't improved at all and I've developed more since...BEWARE!!! I hope this will help anyone who may encounter the same or similar problems to see the correlation (start taking this product and sudden acne...).

caused cysts!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I faithfully took this product along with powdered vitamin c since November. About a month after starting, I developed a giant cyst on my neck. I have never been prone to acne as a teenager and especially now that I'm 40! It never went away and left a terrible scar. After that I noticed cyst after cyst on my neck, face, etc. I didn't connect the dots until my friend who was also taking it, said she quit taking it because it gave her acne. Sure enough, I stopped and I have never had a cyst again...I also put on 5 pounds that I could NOT get rid of no matter how much I exercised. Beware of this product.

Not for vegans

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS OR VEGANS as it is of bovine source - that is it is cow cellulose. I didn't know it at the time and took it for a few days (Ack!) but I can definitely attest to its effectiveness. There are many other veggie caps available, and definitely consider looking into them if you are concerned about the ethical sourcing of the products you buy and support.

No stretch marks!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I got this product because I am pregnant, and I read that collagen is essential building block for a lot of important tissues, such as bones, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. It is also beneficial for the mother, so that her hair and skin (read stretch marks!) remains supple. Hydrolysed collagen is the most effective form, because it is easily absorbed by the body. I take two scoops with my orange or apple juice, because it needs Vitamin C to get absorbed. Lately I mix it with Effer-C from Now Foods so I don't taste the collagen. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Not for acne prone skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is excellent and does what it claims but if you are prone to acne it may break you out. I started breaking out after using for a few weeks, but it did give my skin a glow and a lot softer.

Therapist said it's a good stuff

Posted by NataliyaKvitka on Apr 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought it for my mother-in-law, since she was prescribed collagen for everyday taking. She really appreciated the result, and her therapist said it's a good thing but he decreased the dosage by half.

Great stuff, works as promised

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Have had excellent results with this product. I'm taking it right before bedtime on an empty stomach with some Emergen-C (high vitamin C) and a hyaluronic acid cap. Things that have shown very noticeable improvement after 2-3 weeks: - knees don't creak as much anymore - carpal tunnel gone - joint twinges gone - less muscle aches and pains after gym workouts - wrinkles filling in (yaay!) - skin very hydrated, not tight or flaky anymore - solid sleep at night - easier to stay on diet, less evening cravings - hair seems shinier - better paced energy throughout the day This is by no means a magic bullet to youth, but as a 50 year old, when I say I can see improvements, I'm telling you - I can SEE improvements! :)

It's non-organic Bovine Collagen which means...

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Sep 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'd purchased this but once it had arrived, thought better of taking it as a supplement. I try to eat as much organic foods as possible, and do my best to stay away from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). Because this isn't an organic product, it's made from cows that are force fed GMO crops, & the antibiotics they're being pumped up with to starve off illnesses associated with confinement and GMO feed. Cows and human bodies were never designed to process such a thing. If my review has been helpful to you, please click on the 'yes' link down below. ;)

Has Helped My IC Symptoms!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product for healthier skin support. However, I noticed that it has helped my IC symptoms. I went on vacation last month and was able to drink wine, coffee, tea, & spicy foods on a daily basis without being doubled over with bladder pain & urgency. I have been suffering from this condition for over five years now and I finally have some relief! I mix one scoop of this every morning with a packet of Emergen-C which helps to break it down. Hope that this is able to help others. My thoughts is that the collagen is being used to repair my bladder wall so that it is healthy and not irritated easily. It took about 2 weeks of daily use for my IC to improve. I have been symptom free since then.