Really Helps

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This one is pretty strong, maybe best to start off on 50mg and work your way up to this 200mg one because your body can build up a tolerance. I feel a sense of calm and "everything is going to be alright" which really helps with my anxiety. Be careful if you have a lot of things to do though because I find it makes me a bit indifferent to tasks. Remember if you have depression and anxiety, any kind of pill will be just a quick fix to help you feel emotionally OK in the short term, but if there are non-chemical reasons like trauma or bad relationships causing your illness you will need to deal with that in order to properly heal and feel deeply happy.

Helps Ease Anxiety and OCD Thoughts and Rituals

Posted by rabbit on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have taken this brand of 5-HTP for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It cured my insomnia and I am now able to sleep through the night. It has helped immensely in lessening my depression. It also helps ease anxiety as well as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) thoughts and rituals. In some ways, it works immediately - The first time that I took the 5-HTP, in about 30 minutes, I felt euphoric - happy, relaxed, and sleepy. I slept through the night, and still do. It was a relief to know that it worked that fast. It takes maybe three to four weeks to notice more permanent changes in mood, like an all-day improvement in depression, instead of the immediate effect that it has after you take it because it is leveling out the seratonin/melatonin levels in the brain. It has been compared to traditional anti-depressants, with relatively no side effects. For a week or two you may have intense and vivid dreams. I also had increased headaches for the first week or two, but after that it significantly reduced my migraines. The recommended time to take 5-HTP is about half an hour to an hour before bedtime. I used to take only 100 mg a day, but have started taking the 200 mg capsules. I don't really notice a huge difference between the two, except that maybe my body tolerates the lower dose better. Sometimes the 200 mg capsule feels like too much and I get tense if I don't get to sleep right away. I fully recommend this product because it really has done wonders for me.

It has a bad effect on me

Posted by danarm on Apr 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Lots of B vitamin, increases my appetite.

A "must" item!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

After reading the book "Mood Cures" by Julia Ross I discovered the solution to my gloomy mindset and it was a lack of serotonin in the brain due to an unusual healthy atmosphere in those crucial first two years. Throughout the book 5HTP is the most mentioned Amino Acid. I would have to say - read the book and start to include 5HTP but that's not all of it, but it has a lot to do with other necessary Aminos also.

Calms Self and Elevates Mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am 43 and was struggling with anxiety and depression, particularly in the heart of winter, and my Doctor tried to get me to go on an anti-depressant. Before doing so, I wanted to try alternative therapies and this was one. I take one a day on an empty stomach, late morning or early afternoon. And the effect is notable. I feel a sense of calm, peace, positive outlook and don't feel overwhelmed like I used to. This combined with daily heart-pumping exercise, healthy diet with hefty doses of probiotics and better stress management has kept me off the pharmaceuticals. THE ONE SIDE EFFECT is I cannot take it past 4pm-ish. If I do, it causes me to wake up on and off through the night and have a very disrupted sleep.

Product is great.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is great.

Hard to say

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I think this is helping with my depression but its effects are subtle.

Could not use this

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I started this producy but could not use it. Made me feel very odd and dizzy. Maybe too much for me... Or taurine or something.. But had to stop useing this after two days. Sadly. Maybe should have tried some other product with less strenght.

Helps with mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product is great!

Great Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I Started using this product as a needed bases and so far it works very well.

1 2 3