Now Foods, Acidophilus Three Billion - For its price, you can

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Aug 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Probiotic is essential for a healthy digestive system. Everything inside our body starts and ends in our stomach. I noticed that when I started taking this probiotic (3 billion acidophilus!) my poop has become lighter with noticeable popped bubble holes. And my movement was easier. I didn't have problems with regularity bec. I eat a lot of fiber, supported by my 'greens'. Before, I would buy this big 1 quart yogurts (with millions of 'live' organisms) at 'Savemart'. But over time, I got bored with scooping the thing whenever I needed my intestinal 'organisms'. The quart sometimes are left unfinished in the fridge, and had to be trashed. This acidophilus solved that problem. Does not need to refrigirated, and is easily carried anywhere. Later, I also tried Dr. Ohhira's probiotics. It was excellent, you really feel your stomach &quot;talking&quot;. But, it was too pricy for me ($48 for 60 caps). Then Jarrows came out with their own stabilized probiotics (with 5 billion organisms per cap). It was first offered as a Freebie. (So my reminder to you Folks, don't forget to browse the Freebie section ... you might just see something you want ... for free!) It was super-excellent for its price ($16, 60 caps). Then I discovered the RAW twin (Garden of Life, Raw Greens and Raw Protein) with its generous blend of 'live' probiotics. With so many vitamins and minerals to choose from, against so many competing brands ... I simplified to my 'green' foundational smoothies (chlorella, spirulina, raw green, raw protein, maca), and chose Jarrows for my probiotics. But this product, Now Foods' stabilized probiotics is also good. For its price, you can never go wrong. >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

Great for warm climates

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I live in Southern AZ and used to buy acidophilus that needed refrigeration. What a pain! I started using the NOW foods stabilized acidophilus when I had a chance to go to Egypt a couple of summers ago. They survived the trip with flying colors without losing potency. Now I buy them all the time, because they're easy to carry with me. The heat can be tough on many meds, but these stand up to it.

This stuff is amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this to introduce some beneficial bacteria into my system. I did not realize how much it would help with my digestion! I have been taking two a day, in the morning, and this product has almost complete alleviated troublesome gas that I was having whenever I ate harder to digest vegetables, such as cooked broccoli, cauliflower, celery, etc, not to mention beans. This stuff rocks!

Super for the Dog, Works Well for his Owner, Too.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I previously took a capsule form of acidophilus. This new version is a dry pill that fizzes upon contact with water. I think it's doing the same thing as my previous pills, but the rapidly dissolving pill sometimes gets stuck in my throat. I also give one pill a day to my dog upon my vet's recommendation. For his dose, I add it to his dry dog food and fill the bowl with warm water and stir vigorously so the whole pill is dissolved before the beagle gulps it down. He was getting icky ear buildup and ear mites; also his coat was drier with itchy areas. The improvements in skin and fur quality are very noticable in the dog, which is why I started to take the pills daily myself!

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on May 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Excellent supplements

Works

Posted by asiakrys on Apr 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It cured my stomach, or rather, my intestines - it rebuilt healthy flora in the intestines within a month. Currently I use it to prevent similar digestive problems. And, what's worth mentioning, it doesn't need refrigeration.

Could not use. Gave me too much gas!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I took two of these the first day and that night I woke up at 2:30 am with gas pains and had bowel disturbances and going to the bathroom all day long. I have not tried it again. Maybe will try again and start with half a pill.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Ever since I've started taking acidophilus every day I've had very few digestive problems. I use to get a lot of gas pains, but now I rarely have that problem. This brand of acidophilus is effective and reasonably priced.

stabilized

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am from the Netherlands so i needed stabilized acidophilus. I like it but i prefer capsules

Not as good as the refridgerator kind...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use to have frequent UTIs until I started taking acidophilus. I tried this brand, but it is not effective. It seems to work for a day, but the next day I am in pain again. I even increased the dosage, but no help. I won't be buying these again.