Help

Now Foods, Alpha Lipoic Acid, 100 mg, 120 Vcaps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am diabetic but I am not on medication. I control my blood sugar with vitamins, exercise, and I watch my diet. Alpha Lipoic Acid helps to lower my blood sugar, without fail. I never run out of it. Now Foods is a superior company whose prices, compared with their good quality cannot be beat.

Good composition

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Would have been better without other ingredients like silica & magnesium stearate.

Great for Hypoglycemia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product to help control my hypoglycemia after meals. I was a bit skeptical as I have tried multiple products in the past with little result, but after reading the reviews I decided to give it a try. Well, I have to say this stuff works! It has a mild effect but I can definitely tell that it's working. I no longer feel as jittery, sleepy and tired when I take it after heavy carb meals. It has definitely improved my well being and I will be purchasing it again.

Now Foods , Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Believe this has helped nerves in my neck and back. will continue to use.

An everyday must!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take R-Lipoic Acid or Alpha Lipoic Acid every day, always with vitamin C. It's a great antioxidant, and it also helps with controlling hunger because it improves the blood sugar levels. I usually take it after a good breakfast.

Reduce Diabetes Risk

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have taken this for a long time plus my prescribed medications. I stopped for a while to see what would happen. I had less control without it. As soon as I started taking it again, the control of my diabetes improved.

Good for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It's easy to swallow and a good price. Less expensive here than vitaminlife and free shipping with orders over $40 (which is easy for me to spend). I take with Now foods NAC 250 caps to produce glutathione. I have good energy taking them both. Can't take energy pills while breastfeeding, so this is good for me and is a super antioxidant for every cell in combination with the NAC. It makes my skin look great too.

Consistent Quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I take this with Acetyl L Carnitine from NOW and they get the job done.

Still new to the product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I haven't noticed anything spectacular because I am new to the product (I've been taking it for 3 weeks now). I just noticed that your urine smells like (when you eat) asparagus.

Seems good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My father has been taking this for his CIDP with his chemo. It's early days yet, but he has stabilised, has less numbness and hasn't had any colds.