Powerhouse Ginseng

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking American Ginseng for weak adrenals for many years. It helped some, but lately I was feeling really exhausted, low blood sugar, etc. Until my brother ordered the Now Foods brand for me. I didn't know they made an American Ginseng. But right away it felt much more powerful than the other I'd been taking. My energy levels improved greatly.I switched back to the other for awhile, and went downhill again, very severely. So I quickly ordered the Now brand again, and the same thing happened - I came back to life. Now that sounds like a controlled experiment to me! But I don't think I'll experiment anymore. I'm sticking with what works. I take 6 caps a day, if you're wondering.

Fertility restoration.

Posted by TrueReviews on May 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I got this as a part of my PCOS restoration regime. I use it in the second half of the cycle. American ginseng supposedly enhances immunity, supports proper digestion and absorption of nutrients from foods and also aids in maintaining proper glucose levels. I haven't been using it for too long, but I believe that at least it has given me more energy. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Adrenal tonic - a calming ginseng, unlike the Siberian & Chinese ones

Posted by vitality on Nov 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very good for adrenal glands and as a general tonic. Doesn't stimulate but rather strengthens. Ideal if you're too sensitive to handle other ginsengs, as it won't affect sleep or cause the jittery/overstimulated feeling that Siberian or Chinese ginsengs can cause.

Helps me regulate my blood sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have a mild case of ADD, which causes my blood sugar to be irregular. I have hypoglycemia. Since I don't have time for a substantial breakfast, I take two ginseng tablets in the AM and I don't seem to have the mood swings / highs and lows that I used to throughout the day caused by blood sugar imbalances.

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This helps keep my energy up and offsets some of the sexual side effects of my anti-depressant medication. This an excellent product at a great price.

Now Foods, American Ginseng, 500 mg

Posted by alvinlky on Jun 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Excellent Quality product at an economical price.

great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This ginseng product is a natural alternative to caffeine, especially mid-afternoon!

As good as the Wisconsin Ginseng

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

As effective as the Wisconsin Ginseng at a much better price :) Works slower but longer than caffeine. The effect of caffeine is much more in your face. Think of these providing motivation rather than the feeling of energy. They really do help you get more things done, and are probably the safest and effective stimulant.

A natural tonic to combat stress and fatigue.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

A noted physician and author of a popular book on alternatives in healing and nutrition has recommended this herb as an effective addition to the diet. The modulating influence of the American variety is milder than its Asian counterparts. Yet many find long term relief from lack of energy when taken for appreciable periods of time. In cognitive function, this product may compete favorably with St. John's Wort or Gingko.

I really like this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I really like this, it seemed to help with fatigue.. I noticed that it helped me sleep well and walk up more easily when I take it after a long day.