These are the only amino acids to supplement with

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Essental amino acids are the amino acids the body can't make. L-glutamine and whey protein are a waste of money for building muscle. NOW has a well formulated formula too based on scientific research. It is amazing that there aren't more complete essential amino acid products being sold. If one takes branched amino acids that can affect phenylalanine levels, tyrosine levels and tryptophan levels as the branched chain amino acid transporter uptakes branched chain amino acids, phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan so if one takes branched chain amino acids alone that can adversely affect phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan levels. Phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan are required for neurotransmitter synthesis. Amino acids, of course, work together and must be balanced with each other. The NOW formula insures that there is an amino acid balance. NOW did a terrific job with this formulation.

essential amino acid supplement

Posted by marianF on May 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It was hard for me to find an amino acid supplement that contains just the 9 essential aminos and not the non-essentials ones.The later can be synthesized by the body from the essential amino acids so there's really no need to supplement.That being said, this Now Foods formula was just what I was looking for.It comes in pure powder form, with no fillers or other unwanted ingredients.Tastes terrible like all pure amino acid supps (expected!)., but that's not so much of an issue if the powder is dissolved in juice.I use it before working out to prevent muscle catabolism and works great.I hope iherb will never stop carrying this product.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I want to take the amino acids, but protein shakes seem to disagree with me. This has all 8 essentials, which is convenient. Plus, it's hard to buy some of the aminos at all (ie. histidine)

Great product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great for someone like me who can't enough dietary protein due to severe food allergies. I put the powder into empty capsules so I don't have to taste it.

Good for Protein Synthesis!

Posted by Gomommygo on Oct 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I feel the difference when using this product. Now I know my body is getting the most out of the protein I get.

Simply this is the best amino supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great EAA combination. Get plenty of this and let your body cook other AA.

Mix it with your fav morning drink

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The raw taste is very bitter. Best to mix it with your fav morning beverage like milk or juice.

ery very bitter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This was so bitter i couldn't even finish one serving.

from australia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this product is great............................

helps with adrenal fatigue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have severe adrenal fatigue, for which I take adrenal glandulars. But I am a vegetarian and it is very important to get a lot of good quality protein to help keep the blood sugar regulated. So I found taking a teapoon full of this powder two times during the night helps me a lot with hot flashes, and makes my adrenal glandulars work better. As always, take amino acis with coenzyme B Complex or B6. I just put a spoonful in my mouth and wash it down with water. It doesn't taste too bad (:

1 2