Wonderful product

Posted by Reviewer1300695 on Jan 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've tried two other ashwagandha brands (Jarrow Formulas and Himalaya and think this one is the strongest. They're all pretty good though. You can feel the calming relaxing effects in about 10 minutes. Great for getting to sleep. When I use it daily, (for the overall tonic and pro-thyroid effects)I find the relaxing effects wear off. For better sleep, I just stop using it for a couple of days and start again. I really like ashwagandha, and this brand.

it really works

Posted by Reviewer2056622 on Mar 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

ashwaganda has really helped me with adrenal exhaustion and hypothyroidism.

Ashwangandha

Posted by Reviewer2803577 on Mar 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Best natural product I have ever taken. Helps with my fibromyalgia, sever chronic fatigue and stress.

Great for Adrenal Fatigue!

Posted by Reviewer3013107 on Apr 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product levels out my cortisol during the day so that I don't have highs and lows. It also is very calming. Excellent for my adrenal fatigue.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2388276 on Oct 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have a tendency to be a perfectionist and I stress out over a lot of things. I found this product on the internet and since I have previously been happy with iHerb, I bought it from here. I started taking one capsule in the morning, and after about 3 days I felt that I had started sleeping deeper. Earlier I used to be so hyper, that I could fall asleep only after an hour lying in the bed. Now, I feel sleepy by 10 or 11 pm. Sleeping on time makes me feel more energetic the next day, and somehow I don't over-react to trivial things as I used to earlier. The only thing I noticed is that you have to stick to a healthy sleep schedule. I have used several Ayurvedic products earlier, and have got rid of my sinus problems. This one seems to work as well. Overall a good product.

Ashwagandha - 450mg, by NOW

Posted by Reviewer1509916 on Aug 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This was prescribed by the D.O. to help with my emotions. It has truly worked, I feel much better. and highly recommend it. Charlyne S.

Cortisol Support

Posted by Reviewer3230061 on May 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have taken many supplements for adrenal fatigue and cortisol support after surgical menopause and I think I am seeing improvement with my cortisol after only 2 weeks of taking this.

Too potent extract - warning

Posted by eleuthero on Jul 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Be careful with this one. It is standardized to 4,5% withanolides per capsule which is equal to ~10 grams of the whole herb - already over the common recommended daily dosage. It can have tranquilizing and hypnotic effect with two capsules. After quitting long-term (couple of months) use of this in recommended doses I had withdrawal symptoms similar to quitting benzodiazepines. It is a powerful herb especially when extracted so strongly. Use only when really needed (stressful times, occasional sleep aid) and not for too long periods continuously. I find half or even 1/3 of a capsule effective. It seems that consuming food/carbohydrates bring out the effects faster. I gave 1 star just to make my warning more noticeable. This is still quality supplement but has to be used with caution.

Mrs. Trixie Pettman-South

Posted by Reviewer2516849 on Aug 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I know it has only been aboutn two weeks on this product but I am feeling less depressed and I know I will get better. Thabk you for a wonderful product and the prompt manner it was despatched.

Now Ashwagandha

Posted by Reviewer3139857 on Dec 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Ashwagandha is a powerful tonic which also strengthens the immune system. It is one of the most important Ayurvedic herbs. It gives a solid boost to my energy level so that I don't have to jack myself up on coffee to get through the day, thereby ruining my digestion. I gave some to my boss to try and now he is using it, too. Now Brand is effective and affordable.