good for nails, sleep and may be joints

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have began taking 1-3 tbs daily of this powder, after I read Ray Peat's article about the gelatin benefits. My nails no longer split, and I sleep better... It is best mixed with coffee for me, with water one should drink it quickly after mixing, otherwise the resulting gel will be not so easy to drink. Adding to a salad, does not spoil the taste... Good product.

Good for DIETING and SKIN (and many other things)

Posted by danarm on Aug 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Adding collagen to a protein shake will make it thicker and make it absorb slower. This is why it's good for dieting: it keeps you full longer. Aging people need at least 10 g of collagen per day to replace what is lost. I take 50 g per day, 5 days a week, in the protein shake I drink at work. People can not believe how good my skin looks for my age. Another excellent supplement which makes your skin glow is Acetyl-Glutathione. It's a form of glutathione which can be absorbed into cells.

Excellent, clean, great finished texture.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Excellent quality gelatin. It needs to be dissolved in hot liquid, and does not need or benefit from soaking in cold water. I'm glad to skip steps when I can- I make food for 7 people! It dissolves just fine in a pot of cold food once it is stirred in very thoroughly, and then heats up with the food (use a wire whisk or mixer for sure- it clumps a bit at first, and will stay that way if not thoroughly manually blended. Also, I have found that I need about 1/3 less of this when compared to Knox. I've used it in my orange cacao jelly-mousse cake, clear hibiscus jelly with fresh berries, stews, soups, puddings, and custards. Oh! And it makes fantastic fruit&spice gummy candies, too! I am so pleased with it that I am finding ways to use it, so my food repertoire is now increasing every day! We bought it to use as a protein supplement and nutritional supplement. It is performing very well on all accounts. I did not anticipate how much fun it would end up being, though. :)

Top Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Excellent for joint pain

Beef Gelatin Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product. No nasty smell or aftertaste and the product never fails.

Beef Gelatin Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am happy with this product. The quality seems good. I live in canada so the only problem was the final cost. Quite a bit more costly than I was expecting after delivery.

Cost effective.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Takes some time and stirring to get this powder to dissolve. Has a slight taste. But a lot of servings for the price.

Beef gelatin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great product

A good product at an affordable price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Since taking Beef Gelatin Powder after approx. 6 months I have noticed an improvement in my nails (which were brittle), hair has stopped thinning and regained a natural lustre, and my skin colour has now a healthy tanned colour. As an elderly person people comment on my healthy appearance but I don't tell them my "secret".

I trust the Now Foods Brand because my Naturopath trusts them enough to have recommended another of their products (TruC), which has since been discontinued.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am totally satisfied with this Beef Gelatin Powder. It is relatively odourless and blends very well in liquids, at most every temperature; can easily be whisked into near boiling water. I either add it to my home made bone broth for added protein and nourishment, or simply add it to water, bring it to a boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes, adding sea salt, dulce flakes, basil, parsley, etcetera . It makes a great soup base, should you want to add vegetables and other forms of protein. I often prepare a soup "to go" and take it along in a thermos to enjoy en route.

1 2