Works wonders

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product provided the most rapid and complete relief I've ever gotten from a natural supplement. After years of digestive problems and trying numerous enzymes and probiotics, this cured all my problems almost overnight. I never would have guessed I was low on HCl, given that I sometimes had heartburn along with other problems. One tip, take at the end of the meal, not before. That seems to work the best.

Vitaligo treatment

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

After going to many many types of doctors world wide and various sometimes strange treatments, we finally found a doctor who said that the vitaligo is caused by a lack of protein in the liver. So for a couple of years now my husband has been taking Betaine HCI mg. faithfully, 3 pills during each meal. We are now starting to see the skin recover and his natural pigment coming back. This is a slow treatment and he will have to take this for the rest of his life, but finally something that one can actually see result. I wish more dermatologists would focus on the underlying cause of skin problems and not focus so much on the outer cause, plus one doctor said they make more money these days on cosmetics of the skin.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

For me, this has been invaluable in addressing the amino acid deficiencies associated with fibromyalgia. Not having the right stomach acidity is an important causative factor in many diseases including chronic candidiasis and fibromyalgia.

Fantastic!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After years of suffering from bloating, indigestion, inability to take in wheat products, sugar, etc, I have found relief. This product actually works!

Miracle in a bottle! Words of Wisdom...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

If anyone is interested in increasing their absorption this is exactly where your going to need to start! Living in an age of toxicity (pesticides, hormones, heavy metals, chlorinated waters, etc), and deficient diets, you are most likely lacking in the most vital acid in the body. A famous world-renowned trainer, Charles Poliquin, speaks highly of this valuable supplement in restoring the health and vitality to his clients, then believe him! I begin taking this supplements with just one capsule my first meal and kept increasing till I reached twelve capsules/meal without a burning sensation! After two bottles I am now down to six capsules/meal and seeing results! No more bloating, heartburn, chronic food allergies, and I'm finally gaining weight! Thanks iHerb for the excellent service! Remember that health and proper understanding are the best blessings in life!

Remove the symptoms associated with excessive stomach acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

For every 100 people that visited the Tahoma clinic complaining of excess stomach acid, 99 were found to have LOW stomach acid. The treatment advised was supplementation with Betaine HCL. Heartburn, bloating, excessive wind, poor digestion problems and lack of energy can all be made worse by LOW stomach acid levels. Supplementing with Betaine HCL helps with digestion and nutrient absortion and removes all the symptoms of excessive stomach acid.

Fabulous!!! No more undigested food, bloating or skin rashes.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This seriously helps me with my digestion! I would break out in Dermatitis/Eczema and thought jt might be candida. While the anti fungals from NOW worked, it wasn't the solution. Since taking these capsules with every meal i notice finally my sjin rash is fading, no more irregular bowel movements/constipation. Plus.. All the nutrients are absorbed by my body finally. I have a case of low stomach acid and can reccomend this product for that. Note: i found it working better taking 1-2capsules 5 mins after each meal.

Wow!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have long suspected that my husband was suffering heartburn because of low stomach acid production. So after a couple weeks on slippery elm, he started taking the Now HCI along with 1 probiotic. Last night we had bean and beef burritos with enchilada sauce which normally would have torn him up. He took 4 HCI and had NO heartburn and just a little gas. He also has not had heartburn the last few days since he has been taking 3 HCI with dinner. We started with 1 HCI and are moving up slowly until we find his ideal amount. So that is our story but definitely not medical advice.

Wonderful for digestive system...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is wonderful. I take just before a meal and it helps the body with digestion. I also had a friend take these who had a history of digestive problems (bloating, indigestion, etc.) and it has helped her tremendously. It works so well for me that I get mad if I eat and then remember that I forgot to take one. If interested you may want to research it's many other benefits. I came across research that explained why taking antacids are actually harmful since our bodies need acid to properly digest our food and breakdown proteins and as we age our bodies produce less HCI. It is also recommended for those with macular degeneration.

a must have for anyone suffering from heart burn, gerd, acid reflux, etc.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am in my 50s and I take this to help me digest my food. It has helped dramatically in relieving me of heart burn and acid reflux. I also give this to my 89 yo mother who was always coughing after her meals and doctors had no clue that it was related to low acid, low enzyme levels. After she takes this, she stops coughing after her meals. Oh yes, I also take digestive enzymes.