Long Time Friend Here

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this now faithfully for probably 15 years. One of the most potent natural anti-inflammatories that is so safe on your GI tract. Helps take away swelling & inflammation of arthritis, injuries, menstrual cramps with added benefit of increasing your T-helper cells for immune builder. I take at bedtime and awake with much less stiffness. Also helps lower cholesterol & keeps blood vessels healthy. Open a capsule and rub the oil on painful spots. Will help decrease large arthritic knuckles. I can't say enough good about this!! Probably will be a FOREVER friend!

Hair loss in women

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Dr. Oz had this on his show. He said it will help with hair regrowth in women with thinning hair. Well it works for me! I am thrilled and cost less than other treatments for this problem. Hope this helps for someone else with their thinning hair. Mary/Calif

Sunshine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Hello from Canada, Over the past few months i have had chronic inflamed elbow joint, I have been taking 6 to 8 softgels, BCO. seems to be helping alot. The last few days i forgot to take my supplements, as a result the pain was worse. Within a day taking, i felt relief, so i recomend for pain and inflamed joints :) So thanks, the price is much better in US, as in Canada.

Balances Hormones, Moisturizes Skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a great source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid. I take 500 mg twice a day. This also nourishes skin and hair from within. I have not experienced any side effects and I am very sensitive to such things.

Got it Love it!

Posted by NannyPR on Apr 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started taking the following supplement after it was recommended by Dr. Oz. I been taking it for almost 4 months now, and my hair is healthier, shinier and thicker.

Slim Down

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Started using to reduce weight, actually does help.

PMS/Period Relief

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I had heard about the balancing effect Black Currant oil has on hormones. For me, it has made my periods much more bearable--Less PMS, lighter flow, less cramping and backache. I don't want to be without it!

Great with cod liver oil to fix dry eyes!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take two of these a day with 2 x cod liver oil (415 mg Nord-gold premium from vitamin world, but you can get this many places), and my dry, red eyes are clear. I use this combination because it is similar to what's in Theratears, and has the same effect on my chronic dry eyes. Great product!!

An extremely valuable nutritional oil.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

One of the best sources for gamma linolenic acid and alpha linolenic acid. As noteworthy as borage, flax or evening primrose as an adjunctive nutrient for the typical American diet lacking in these factors.

Dramatically reduced my LDL #

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have incorporated black currant oil along with flax seed oil into my diet to dramatically reduce my LDL #'s. This is a great product at a much better price than you will find in your local health or orgainc food markets.