Good Strength But Not Cold Pressed

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product has excellent strength. I contacted NOW Foods to get a little bit more information about product: "Countries of origin of black currants are Netherlands, China, and U.S. The black currant seed oil is cold expeller pressed and solvent extracted in several steps. The solvent is removed in purification leaving behind undetectable levels of impurities at ppb levels (parts per billion). Oil naturally contains about 3% Stearidonic acid and about 10-12% oleic acid." I think that this is a ok product. Black currant oil is excellent for joints, skin, hair, dermatitis, cholesterol, PMS and menopause symptoms, boosts immune system, lowers high blood pressure. Blackcurrant seed oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a type of omega-6 fatty acid that’s been said to help ease inflammation in the body. GLA may help reduce joint pain, stiffness, and soreness in people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Black currant oil's antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects are known to help ease the symptoms of psoriasis. Taken orally, blackcurrant seed oil can help slow the growth and development of psoriasis patches. It also can be applied directly to dry, itchy skin, just open the capsule and apply the oil. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Love this product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I keep reordering this product. It really makes my hair thicker. I have been suffering from thin hair and have tried a lot of products before.

Black current seed oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

A MUST WITH HIP PAIN

terrible headaches

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This makes me feel really unwell. I'm going to go back to Evening Primrose which does the same thing and works well for me. As a side note, I used to use another very expensive brand of Black Currant and had no side effects, so I think it's the gelatin, and possibly the process of extraction that are the issues.

Dry Eyes

Posted by francesjoan on Jun 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This helps dry eyes and done my research on it. When combined with cod liver oil it's very healthful. There is a website where I can buy black currant seed oil in bulk. I'll buy it that way.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Now Foods , Black Currant Oil, Double Strength, 1000 mg, 100 softgels

Posted by Finland on Mar 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Edullinen ja laadukas mustaherukansiemenöljykapseli. Otan kaksi kapselia päivässä

Arthritis Fighters

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My husband is taking these for rheumatoid arthritis and they seem to be helping pain relief. It is the only thing he has added to his diet.

ok

Posted by Anaterma on Jul 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

i previously tried vita line's version of this oil, a brand which iherb doesn't carry. and i had found it to be more potent for skin improvement than now foods. this is also quite expensive, i had bought a big bottle only bcuz of the special price.

Good product