Better than Evening Primrose Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Good product from Now Foods. I suffer from hair loss due to menopause, Hashimoto's Hypothyroid disease and Seborrheic Dermatitis. I have been taking this along with Saw Palmetto extract to try to slow down hair loss. It seems to be working. After 3 weeks I am losing much less hair in the shower.

A great supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Borage oil is a useful supplement in the treatment of skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis. I am a Nurse Practitioner and I tell my clients with these conditions to take 1-3 softgels of 1,000mg Borage oil daily. We have seen amazing results in lessened itchiness and scaling. I also recommend it for PMS and menopausal symptoms.

Great for eczema

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this for my daughter's eczema. I give her one capsule a day internally, and I break open one capsule and rub it on her eczema at night. It is the only thing that works and it sure beats toxic steroid creams!

Great mixed with skin cream

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I can tell a big difference in the way my skin looks when I mix a little of this oil right from the capsule into my night cream. One capsule will last 3-4 nights. I just puncture the capsule with the point of a surgical blade and squeeze out the amount I want each time. I was recently in the hospital, no makeup of course, and several of the nurses and doctors commented on how nice my skin is and said they could not believe how young I look for 76. I also take one capsule a day along with an Alaska Salmon Oil capsule and a flax seed oil capsule. 2 years later:....Well, I'm 78 now and my skin looks better than it did 2 years ago. I can't believe how wonderful Borage Oil is for the skin. I take one a day and I mix it into my face cream

Atrial Fribulation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I usually use Barlean's flax oil to completely control my A-frib, but when I forget for a while and it starts creeping back, Borage oil does the trick even faster than the flax oil- but it's more expensive. Also great for inflammation.

Great Price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My husband has psorisas and has tried many ointments. The Borage Oil is actually clearing up his rash as well as the itching. Thank you for this product.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have not read a whole lot about GLA helping with tooth enamel, but believe it or not, this has made a noticable difference in my dental problems!

Skin and Brain health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Now Foods Borage is the best value in its class, providing source of GLA to help control my systemic inflammation.When I take NOW borage, my joints don't hurt and my skin looks better.

Skin is clear and I've lost Belly flab!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Woohoo, my teens and I take just one a day for clear skin and it also got rid of the tummy buldge too. My tan is better too by the way, I used to burn and now I don't thanks to the Borage oil in these capsules.

borage oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I started with 2 caps a day because of my ezcema on my hands. This was about a week a go and I already see a change!