Works for hair loss

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have hypothyroidism and noticed for a few months I was losing a lot of hair. Not sure if it was the hypothyroidism or something else. But this borage oil seemed to stop the loss and some of my hair is even growing back. I take 2 caps daily. It takes about a month to notice a difference.

GLA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Now's Borage Oil is as good as any other brand and usually less expensive. Borage oil contains the omega-6 fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is is a building block for a certain group of prostagladins (eicosanoids) necessary for a robust immune system and for proper cell function. As we age the body is no longer able to make ptoper amounts of GLA; its supplementation is necessary for good health in our upper years of life.

Painfree hands

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have full use of my hands, again, since staring Borage Oil. There is still some pain on occasion but I can do so much more. Great product.

Insulin sensitivity.

Posted by TrueReviews on May 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I got this after the Perricone recommendation for weight loss. Borage oil contains GLA which improves insulin sensitivity. It just takes a lot time to work, even 6 months. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

For PMS Cramps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I took evening primrose oil for PMS initially and while it stopped the cramps, it gave me headaches. I tried this as an alternative. It works well.

Excellent for PMS

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Gives me a little boost during extreme PMS fatigue. (I have severe adrenal failure). However it takes a minimum of 6 per day of these to see just a little "lift". When I started borage oil in the late 80's it helped with weight loss. I guess my body got used to it, it no longer makes a difference in that dept. Excellent borage oil overall and great price!

Great for killing candida! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great product! I use this in conjunction of other suppliments to kill my candida. Candida Clear by Now Foods is one of them. I found this very helpful.

wonderful skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The skin is really better! I take this product with evening primrose oil.

Not for those with sensitive acne prone skin

Posted by meeova on Jul 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Wish I would have done more research before taking this. I began taking this to prevent acne and premature aging after reading positives reviews, however my experience wasn't a great one unfortunately, not only did it make my face breakout but also gave me a rash on my neck, not fun. Remember, this is an omega 6 fatty acid. Please please please don't be a fool like me and only focus on the positive experiences you read around the internet. Everyone's skin and body is different and therefore will react differently. Took these for 6 weeks and after about two days or so of no longer taking them the rash on my neck disappeared. Acne on my face is a little more persistent, I suppose, so will have to be patient and wait that one out. Now, have in mind my skin was quite clear before taking this, just a few blackheads here and there but nothing bad like I'm experiencing now. Did nothing for my hormones and pms in fact think my hormones are way more out of balance now after taking these. The only positive thing I did notice was thicker hair but seriously not worth it if I have a face full of papules/moderate acne.

Great stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Helped our family with a few different issues - acne, dandruff, eczema, even some dental issues!

1 2 3 4