Digestion and inflammation

Posted by Reviewer3230061 on May 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this for digestion support after gallbladder removal. After researching it more I discovered there was a reason my knee and foot pain went away. It also helps with inflammation. I had terrible scar tissue pain from repeated abdominal surgeries and it is gone as well. Like a miracle drug. Honestly.

Now Foods Bromelain

Posted by Reviewer3131583 on Jan 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Went to a nutritionist who started me on this first thing in the AM and PM before bed (on an empty stomach). Really has made a huge difference in my body's ability to digest foods and inflammation in the body. I swear by this now!!

Bromelain

Posted by Reviewer3147732 on Oct 11, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product is awesome! I had asthma issues back in January 07. I started using Bromelain and must say it has my asthma in check. Cannot express how much bromelain has helped me out.

Seems to help!

Posted by Reviewer1534440 on Feb 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product because I have a very painful Bursitus in my left shoulder (awaiting surgery). It was to the point that I was not sleeping at night, I was taking Vicodin, Advil, Excedirin, Tylenol... you name it! I started taking these supplements because I read that Bromelain can help with inflamed tissue in the joints. It has made a HUGE difference, and I am so relieved not be taking pain killers all day long!

good for flu and helps with absorption of other supplements

Posted by Reviewer2116014 on Aug 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I always keep a supply of this on hand because it has the highest potency of bromelain and when used with Vitamin C and Quercitin, it helps combat the flu. As a proteolytic enzyme, bromelain digests protein and viruses contain protein so this enzyme helps to lessen the viral load so that the immune system can do its job better. I also use bromelain with other difficult-to-absorb supplements like Quercitin and Curcumin because it is supposed to help with absorption.

Another Quality Product from Now

Posted by Reviewer1958329 on Mar 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Bromelain is such a great enzyme. It works for inflammation as well as for digestion. I take it on an empty stomach for joint pain. I take one a day unless I have more pain than usual and then I take it about 3 times a day. It does not have any of the side effects of NSAIDs or acetaminaphen.

Great Product and Price

Posted by Reviewer1600723 on Mar 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

2400GDU bromelain from NOW is potent! Great price and product, as usual (great job NOW). Good for digestion of proteins/meals, as as a systemic enzyme on empty stomach for inflammation, and also with supplements and herbs for increased bio-availability.

good anti-inflammatory properties

Posted by blabla on Sep 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

For a months I had a condition which was either tendonitis or plantar fasciitis. I am not sure which ones it was because I never went to a doctor but I had the typical symptoms and read about bromelain and its properties. I decided to give it a try when my foot recovery had reached a plateau after a few months of unpleasant pain in the foot arch. After a month of taking Bromelain my foot is feeling much better and pretty much all the pain is gone. Bromelain has mild blood thinning properties and might interact with some drugs, so probably it's not a good idea to take it before consulting a medical specialist.

Good for inflammation and thinning the blood

Posted by Reviewer1457137 on Oct 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use it to help keep blood pressure down, as bromelain also thins the blood, making it easier to pump. This and magnesium (with Betain HCL to help absorbion) seems to work nicely.

Excellent for digestion and inflammation

Posted by Reviewer2317330 on Feb 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Helps with my fiancee's problems with digestion and, at a dose of 1500 mg per day, seems to help with inflammation in her muscles around her neck and back. Very powerful stuff once sold as a prescription for use before surgeries to reduce inflammation.