terrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This one does not work for me. I have been trying several different calcium supplements out there, because my stomach is very sensitive to almost any kind of calcium. This one is the worst! As soon as I took it my stomach was on fire, it gave me severe acid reflux and I could not even vomit it to have some relieve. It might work for you though!

calcium citrate powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like this because it doesn't have any other ingredients in it. I don't necessarily like using a powder form of Calcium but I prefer it to tablets and the caplets all had some other ingredient that I'm allergic to.

Marylo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Large amount of calcium in a small amount. Good to put in smoothies. A little chalky and gritty though.

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

an excellent way to take a calcium supplement without pills or capsules. Dissolves instantly

Works in smoothies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have a hiatial hernia and can't swallow pills, so I am very grateful for the powders NOW provides. Since I can't know the reliability of the different companies, I trust iHerb not to sell me anything of low quality.

Now Foods product bottle caps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am not satisfied with the caps on these Now products containers. The caps often have sharp edges and sometimes they are very tight so that I often have to use a spoon to get them opened. Some caps are much tighter than others (typical of mass produced articles). I will not buy any more of them. SwansonVitamins have simple traditional screw cap bottles that work extremely well and are very easy to open and close. As a temporary measure I am pouring the contents of the Now bottles into the Swanson containers. I don't doubt the quality of the Now container contents.

Something Not Right With This

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've used many different brands of calcium citrate. I've enjoyed other Now brand products so I gave this calcium citrate powder a try. Unfortunately I had to discontinue use after 2 days. I was taking 200mg 3x per day (weighed on scale and poured in empty vcaps). WIthin 24 hours I noticed something was not right. For several hours after each dose I was extremely thirsty. I dont think I've ever been that thirsty in my life. By the second day, I started to feel a soreness in my left kidney (I never had any pain or sensation there before). That was enough for me, I discontinued this product and my symptoms disappeared. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

calcium citrate powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the only site I could find this product. I like this brand because it gives me the pure calcium citrate powder without any citric acid or other additives. It tastes better and saves me $$!

Does the Job Well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a fine, bio-available calcium. I use 2 tsp. (I need a lot), four times per day (between meals). I take it together with Dr's Best magnesium, vitamin A (from fish liver oil), and vitamin D (cholecalciferol).

Supplementing calcium is a terrible idea

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good for - calcification, depleting other essential nutrients and causing difficult to resolve gut pH issues. If you find benefit from supplementing calcium, strongly suggest looking into why that might be. I can't think of one good reason to do so that can't be resolved another less detrimental way - I can think of many reasons not to. If it's a citrate thing - try citric acid or magnesium citrate. If it's for oxalates - try manganese or magnesium or vit K1. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.