Anti candida, great stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

In the beginning you get sick, because of dying of the candida. This is normal! But if you start at a low dose and slowely take more, you will feel less sick. It's a real perfect medicine against candida. The candida will never get resistant to this. So I keep on using it for a long time!

useless. Dont waste your money.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was taking Capricin for a month, and it completely got rid of my recurrent Yeast Infections. Then I decided to switch to Now Foods brand because it was cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for. With Probiologic Capricin actually smell and taste a little like coconut. The Now Food Caprylic Acid on the other had was odorless, tasteless oil. I don't know what it was supposed to do, but it didn't work against candida, and I ended up with another yeast infection while on this. I switched back to the Capricin and the infection was gone in one day.

IT WORKS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I HAD AN OVERGROWTH OF CANDIDA IN MY BODY AND AFTER TAKING CAPRYLIC ACID, I CAN SAY THAT MY SYSTEM IS UNDER CONTROL. AND, I MIGHT ADD, IT WAS VERY AFFORDABLE. THANKS.

Potent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I gave this review 3 stars not because the product is lacking but because after further research and experience I dont really trust caprylic acid as a candida supplement. I had a terrible reaction to just 2 pills that put me in bed for two days and made my liver hurt. On the second day I passed a weird white film in my stool that looked like tissue paper on part of the stool. Some will say this is just a healing crisis and they might be right but the amount of discomfort that occurred around my liver terrified me so I stopped. After 3 months now my liver still feels odd although not as bad as when I first took the caprylic acid. I would suggest anybody considering caprylic acid to try undecenoic acid first as that seems like a less harsh alternative that has more research behind it.

Effective but strong die off

Posted by Basanga on Feb 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Caprylic acid has been great for my candida overgrowth. So well in fact that even on one capsule the die-off is intense. But after pairing it with Chelated Molybdenum the symptoms have lessened greatly and I'm going to start taking the recommended 2 capsules a day. Be warned however: caprylic acid is strong on the intestines, especially if you have IBS or UC (like I have) or a similar autoimmune disorder. Make sure you have your condition under control before you start taking these, as it can flare up greatly if you're not careful. Highly recommend this! One of the essential supplements for treating candida.

fast relief from yeast problem

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Caprylic acid seems to work well in the fight against the overgrowth of yeast. Any sugar or gluten product (or vinegar, alcohol, etc.) aggravates this condition and causes itching and gas. Caprylic acid minimizes this with regular use. I am pleased with this product from iHerb and will continue to order this for this condition.

High quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Caprylic acid is a very effective anti-fungal, antibiotic and antiviral and Now Foods Caprylic Acid is one of the finest I have used, at an amazingly great price. Also because of it being tasteless oil cap, it is easy to give this to a child who can't take capsules. The powder form of Caprylic Acid tastes like soap and thus hard to open the caps and give it to small children.

works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

if you want to lose weight try this stuff i guess it gets rid of yeast which is in the fat cells therefore you lose weight.

Good for killing candida but Solaray sustained release are much better

Posted by vitality on Sep 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These are okay but Solaray have a sustained release version so it's much more likely to get down to the large intestine where it needs to be. Being digested before then defeats the whole point. SB (probiotic yeast) is a good things to take with caprylic acid, as well as probiotics etc.

be cautious

Posted by bugajuk on May 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Didn't feel any good effect, and was some side effects, like new pain in joints. Don't recommend. I read what it may damage liver,....