Not good for laxative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Once I discovered that Now had castor oil capsules couldn't wait to try them since the liquid is very unpleasant to take. I give Now an A+ for effort, but if you are looking to use this as a laxative stick with the liquid form and don't waste your money. An adult serving of the liquid form is 1 to 4 tablespoons for laxative purposes. However, these capsules contain only 1/8 teaspoon each. I gave it two tries: 10 capsules at once and 1 tablespoon equivalent at once - came up with bupkis each time. One would probably have to consume the entire bottle (or almost) for laxative results. A more pleasant way to take the liquid: Take a tablespoon at a time mixed with 1T of lemon juice, quickly swallow while pinching the nose so you don't smell the castor oil - works like a charm; or mix the entire amount you want to take in a fruit smoothie and drink it down.

No effect at all - a waste of my money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The indicated dosage is one capsule. Even with 3-4 capsules, i did not experience at effects at all! I bought it to help me overcome chrobic constipation, but sorry, it does nothing at all for me.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This along with the woodworm pills do provide a good colon cleanse.

Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My Ayurvedic doctor suggested taking castor oil capsules daily to keep your digestion and elimination healthy. These are easy to swallow and I haven't had any problems with these capsules (I normally have trouble taking any kind of oil-filled capsules because they dissolve and make me queasy). I take 2 at night before bed with a glass of warm water. They can also be used as an occasional laxative and are never harsh.

Castor oil is Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

There are many uses and cures using castor oil. I was drinking the liquid stuff which is absolutely disgusting! when i found out there were capsules i could take instead i nearly fell off my chair! this stuff has been a real life saver for me in many ways. Im actually using it for a stubborn cough that i have and it has helped tremendously! it works great. still figuring out what else it could do to improve my health.

for my doggies and for me, back to basics and the best

Posted by burdypie on Sep 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I control my dogs' parasites with this, 2 per day ,a and for the lower gut I freeze them, that way they are releasing further on down the gut..same is true for me, and you can take more in the dose if you have capsules frozen, up to four at a time without upsetting the bowels.Dogs look better and i fancy it helps with fleas too but not sure yet.

A WASTE OF MONEY!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These pills are very weak. They did not aid me with bowel movements at all. A waste of my money!

Excellent,worked for me !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this to kill parasites. I saw youtube video lady advising to put in freezer until is frozen my freezer new so it took only 3 days to get to solid. I took in the morning empty tummy before eaten, to maximize anti-parasitic properties (when frozen, they disintegrate further down in the intestines, where the parasites live). You need to take more than recommended, I took 6 frozen on an empty stomach . Then after coffee, I took Dr.Hulda Clark's Green black walnut hull tincture 2 tsp and drink water. Then started going to washroom emptied my tummy, few hours later also had to go. So I know its working. Feel good and hopefully all the parasites out soon. Don't look just see how u feel than chemical prescription with lots of side effects. Never knew of castor oil freezing until I watched in youtube. Thanks to technology.so far no side effects. Took on saturday day off so if u have to go to washroom several time you are at home and clean and disinfect your washroom. I thank my daughter who introduced to Iherb which delivers to canada. Thanks I herb. Please keep shipping cheaper and fast.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I use this both to prevent constipation and to kill parasites. It works well for both purposes. Ideally the gel capsules should be put in the freezer, and be well frozen, before eaten, to maximize anti-parasitic properties (when frozen, they disintegrate further down in the intestines, where the parasites live). You need to take more than recommended, I take 7 frozen (or not frozen, if work or anything else makes avaliability of frozen ones difficult) 3 times a day, on an empty stomach (1 hour before breakfast/lunch/dinner).

We all like to take them

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My whole family likes them. I take 2 every day as a healing stool softener. My son likes to take them when he's a little constipated. The little boy across the street likes to chew on them when he's constipated. His parents took a bottle from us once when he was totally plugged up during toilet training; it worked.

1 2 3