Too much grit!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Our latest batch contained far too much grit--very tiny rocks that are impossible to distinguish from the amaranth. Instead of a smooth, pleasant porridge, we have been fighting through grit crunching between our teeth...very aggravating! We have struggled through two bags and plan to use the other two for bird seed.

Amazing organic amaranth.

Posted by Leione on Apr 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

So delicious and nutritious. Rich in dietary fiber, protein, B vitamins (folic acid, vitamin B6, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin), vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, selenium, copper, zinc, calcium, potas sium, phytosterols and antioxidants, amaranth is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: it helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduces the risk of cancer. I love this product: not only is it delicious, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Great product.

More stones than amaranth!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is the first time I purchased this brand of Amaranth from iherb and goodness I cannot believe how much grit is there in this product! It's like chewing on sand! I'm amazed iherb is selling such a product. My morning porridge was an ordeal I could NOT see coming, was absolutely gobsmacked how something inedible like this can sell. Never buying this again. I wish I had read that single 1 star review!

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

tasting cereal, does takes a good 20 minutes to cook, but worth it. I eat cereal every day, cycling through buckwheat groats, quinoa, millet, amaranth and brown or purple rice. I put SDG rich flax hulls and flax seed powder on the cereal along with some yogurt, cinnamon, raisins, walnuts, etc.

Amaranth

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

In India people use it when they end a fast. I take it as an alternative of oatmeal it is a perfect health support.

Very bad!!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This was the first time I bought amaranth, will probably never buy again!!!! It's impossible to get rid of sand by rinsing because the seeds are so small !!! will never bye again from iherb just waist of money!!!!!!!!!:((((

Veselīgi!

Posted by Strelka on Apr 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

veselīgi, garšīgi un ātri pagatavojams.

Great product !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I find it delicious and nutritious. Plus it is good for your body. Keep it simple eat simple and you're gonna enjoy good health throughout your life. Love and light to you all

인삼향

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

아마란스랑 레드퀴노아 넣어서 밥 지어 먹고 있는데요, 아마란스는 인삼향이 납니다~ 인삼처럼 사포닌이 들어있어서라네요~ 건강에도 정말 좋다하니 밥 지을 땐 꼭 넣어야겠어요

First time for Amaranth

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This grain is recommended in the Body Ecology Diet and this is the first time I tried it. It has a very nice texture, similar to cream of wheat when it's cooked, and the taste is just slightly sweet. It's perfect for a hot cereal, and is pretty moist just being cooked with water. Seems like it could be very versatile.