Measurements for Stevia extract

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I worked out the equivalent measurements for this product. One TEASPOON is the equivalent of one CUP of sugar. I made some pumpkin pies using this ratio (ONE AND 1/2 TEASPOONS TOTAL for two deep dish pies) and they turned out fantastic. Not cloying sweet but with a slight honey aftertaste. Great value, wish there were larger containers.

CHINESE GROWM STEVIA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

WARNING: Label DOES NOT indicate that this is a product of China and packaged in US. The item you receive has this printed on the label. For shame NOW and sloppy iherb. For increased corporate profits you lie to and cheat your loyal customers.

best sweetener yet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This Stevia extract does not compare with the most popular Stevia product which has been cut with a filler. It takes only a fraction of a teaspoon to sweeten my beverages. It has no bitter or aftertaste.

Love this product!

Posted by jeplace on Mar 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Stevia is so healthy for you - the best sugar substitute - or low cal substitute. It is an herb. I have taken this for a long time. I like the taste of this product better than other stevia products. You only need a tiny bit, but i do find once you get used to the tasted, you need more for that sweet taste if you are lookinf for that. It is a great price, less than health food stores, however I notice the price here was just raised fro last time I ordered it.

Stevia >> Artificial Sweeteners

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Stevia is actually natural, and outside the US is approved for use as a sweetener and has been for many years. It is around 300 times sweeter than sugar, so a little goes a long way. The straight extract also does not contain any of the cheap bulking agents that raise caloric content and are high GI like glucose or maltodextrin. It does have the ever slightest aftertaste, though. I mix it with erythritol for texture and bulk, and the combination seems to eliminate the aftertaste.

NOW Stevia Extract

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this sweetener! It's great in hot chocolate and i also make lemonade low-glycemic, low-calorie, delicious lemonade using this sweetener. Juice one lemon. Add twice as much water as lemon juice. Add Stevia Extract to desired sweetness.

I love it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this product and particularly the fact that it is organic, which makes a big difference to me. It tastes great and I wished more stevia powders were organic with no added ingredients.

2nd worst stevia Ive tried so far.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have tried 6-7 different stevia products lately because of my normal supplier had moved locations and their stock was low. My favorites are the KAL Pure stevia extract or Nustevia (pure extract not the powder). Only one product i have tried is worse than this and it had a flowery taste. This one is not very concentrated (it took about 10x the amount of i normally use of the KAL or nustevia. It also has an aftertaste and seemed to make me nauseated. I normally have very good luck with NOW products and in fact ordered 3 because of the confidence I have in the brand, but this time I was disappointed. Those of you who like this product would LOVE one of the two I mentioned.

Great stevia!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is a great price for some of the best stevia I've ever had--and it is pure, not mixed with anything.

Great and Inexpensive

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've used the liquid Stevia. Decided to try this for good Stevia that is less expensive. Have gone through six bottles of this. It has worked out as much less expensive. It is good. Always NOW for quality.