Please continue to carry this product.

Posted by Reviewer2361620 on Nov 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Chitosan for years, but it is now very difficult to find due to some stupid people who don't know how to swallow a pill without choking. New Foods Chitosan 500 mg / 240 Capsules are much less expensive than GNC's brand of Chitosan, and you get much more with New Foods' brand. This product helps with weightloss simply in that it absorbs fat from the foods I love to eat, so that I end up pooping out the fat instead of adding it to my body's store of fat. That way the body starts to burn stored fat instead, resulting in fat loss.

Wish there was no chromium in ingredients

Posted by Reviewer1122052 on Jul 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love the price and quantity of this chitosan product BUT UNFORTUNATELY I'm not crazy about the added chromium, which I find unnecessary. I wish you would sell pure chitosan pills by itself. Chromium supplementation is a controversial topic as true chromium deficiency is extremely rare. The widely claimed benefits of chromium supplementation are largely unsupported by the scientific community. Studies have shown high levels of chromium leading to DNA damage. Also, a high dose of chromium, 600-2400 mcg per day, may cause anemia, thrombocytopenia, hemolysis, hepatic dysfunction, and renal failure. Just 2 doses of NOW Foods Chitosan already supply way too high a dose of 600 mcg. For some reason, cheaper dietary supplements, especially those used for blood glucose regulation or weight management usually contain chromium as an ingredient, and usually at an amount much higher than the suggested daily recommended intake, despite the lack of positive scientific studies to support chromium supplementation. I also take other nutritional supplements and at least 2 of them already contain some chromium, which is more than enough for my needs. By adding Now Foods Chitosan, I am unwillingly further upping my chromium intake by a few more hundred percent of the RDI, which will likely end up toxic to my system in the long run. So unfortunately, even though I love almost everything else about the NOW chitosan, just the unnecessarily added chromium alone means I have to look for other alternative brands that sell simply pure chitosan. It's such a pity.

Chitosan rocks

Posted by Reviewer2501698 on Oct 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I like to take Chitosan if I feel like I have eaten something to rich or fatty. It seems to help with fat absorbtion. Don't take it too often - it might also absorb vitamins.

Now foods Chitosan

Posted by Reviewer3011352 on Nov 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

A friend had suggested I use this product for my stomach-I have a sensitive stomach and wasn't taking any fiber supplements. This is my second month on it and I absolutely love it. It's gentle on my stomach and works right away from the first dose! I highly reccomend this product to anyone who has IBS or any other senstitive stomach issues.

perfect product for moderate cost

Posted by Reviewer2781903 on Dec 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Chitosan provides reliable protection of body against excessive fat in situation when you cannot control the contents of your food, i.e. during visits of your relatives, celebrations or partying...

Didn't work for me....

Posted by Reviewer2302910 on Apr 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This actually made me extremely constipated. Had to stop taking after 3 days.

LOVE IT!!

Posted by Reviewer3025718 on Jul 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have only been taking chitosan for a month and a half and I have lost an inch around my stomach in fat! I highly recommend this product! The only bad thing I could say is that sometimes you have fishy tasting burps after taking it, but it's totally worth it haha!

S. Lewis

Posted by Reviewer2462316 on Jul 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Fast shipping from iHerb! This product cuts down on the fat that's absorbed in my system, I am losing weight and constipation is gone.

Ellie

Posted by Reviewer1900393 on Sep 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Chitosan has really helped me keep my cholesterol in better control for years. I'm still a little high, but my doctor even agrees that without it and Now Foods garlic and Super Omega 3-6-9, I would probably be on a statin...which I don't want to do.

Chitosan - an alternative/adjunct to Alli

Posted by Reviewer1561286 on Oct 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have used Chitosan with Alli since Alli came to market and have had success.