Quality and excellent value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I live in England, UK and I have used Chromium Picolinate for many years and it is an every day part of my life. It was my main supplement in helping me lose over 5 stones, over a gradual time. I don't cut out my favourite foods, although I do monitor what I eat and I take exercise 3 times a week (cycling or walking) and to this day, I have not regained the weight I lost. Please bear in mind that weight should be lost over time and not approached with crash dieting in mind, so patience will benefit you in the long term. This is one of the top brands of Chromium Picolinate and the value is exceptional and I can't speak highly enough of Iherb, as an International service.

Great for correcting insulin levels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have acne because of the amount of carbs I eat in a day. Because excess carbs creates spikes in insulin and hence results in Acne for suffers like me. Take 200mcg, 3x a day. Then once you stop breaking down, decrease to it 2x a day, and then 1x a day when you're clear. Took 2 months, but was worth it.

Life Saver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I'm a third-generation member of a family with a high propensity toward Diabetes. My own blood sugar began testing at Diabetic levels. Then I heard about Chromium Picolinate and started taking it daily along with watching my dietary intake of all simple carbohydrates. For over a year now my blood sugar has been perfectly normal and I'm the only one among my siblings not shooting insulin.

Definitely helping my hypoglycemia!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is most definitely helping my hypoglycemia, which is a HUGE blessing!! No longer am I shaking, weak and ravenous every hour of the day if I don't eat something. This stuff is miraculous and I highly recommend it! And I LOVE all of the NOW products. You can't beat the quality, quantity and price!!

Works very well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I eat a lot of rice. I lost a few pounds after I started taking this. I think for the people who like rice, bread and pasta and/or any other carb things, this is good...

Inststant lower Blood glucose safely

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2007 | Verified Purchase

As a type 1 diabetic I use 1000mg of these a day along with other Chromium products for a total of 1400mg a day to keep my blood sugar in excelent control and have lowered my insulin by half the amount and even was able to increase my carbohydrate level to a little over 300mg. This Chromium Picolinate is amazing and my doctor just disreguarded it as a type 2 suppliment.

My A1C is 6.7

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

In November, 2 days before Thanksgiving so I could "enjoy" Thanksgiving dinner, I had my labs drawn. My A1C was 8.0. To me, I justified it by telling myself that it's not a 10 [my all time high] and it was only up one point from my previous 7. Both too high. My doctor was not happy with me. I told her that I would do better. I told myself that I would get into a better routine after the New Year. March is after the New Year, and that's when I began. I'm on Metformin 1g 2Xs a day and Glyburide 10mg 2Xs a day. I read about Chromium Picolinate years ago. In fact, I had a 500mcg somewhere up there in the never-used-but-can't throw-out cupboard. So, I started taking them. My body hated me for changing. I felt shaky and weird, like my glucose was low. It wasn't, it was 120. Much lower than my usual 180-200. Then, my daughter came over and told me that the OB/GYN thinks she has gestational diabetes. I went into mama bear mode and bought 2 bottles of 200mcg. One for her and one for me. I think 500mcg is too much too soon for me. Her A1C was 5.3 :] I take a multi-vite in the morning that has 100mcg chromium in it. [Natural-Factors Super Multi Iron Free] along with additional chromium cap and my Rx’d meds. At noon I take another multi-vite that has 200mcg of picolinate. [Enzymatic Therapy Blood Sugar Manager] with another 200mcg cap. This also has additional herbs to help manage glucose levels. I then take another 200mcg cap in the evening and 2 caps at bedtime because my liver thinks it’s okay to kick out glycogen at night. I watch what I eat. Pasta, mashed potatoes, Chinese food, most desserts, and sugar in my coffee are all no-no’s. I put Stevia in my coffee [NuNaturals Pure Liquid Clear] It took about a week to get to where normal glucose levels felt normal. One finger stick was 54 and I didn’t feel shaky or have that urgent need to eat. I do make fruit smoothies instead of a dessert. I put chia and flax along with MSM powder for chronic pain [Source Naturals MSM Powder] Vit C powder [NutriBiotic Sodium Ascorbate Crystalline Powder] protein powder, soy lecithin [Bluebonnet-Nutrition Lecithin Granules] and Benefiber into the blender. I know fruit is a no-no, but with the protein powder, my 2 hour post meal finger stick is 120’s or lower. Anything in [these brackets] I bought from iHerb. I didn’t buy any of these items all at once, I can’t afford to do that. I have to say here that I LOVE iHerb!! They have the best prices. My orders from iHerb get here in a timely manner. The only time I’ll shop elsewhere is if I need it right away and have to go to a B&M. So, why am I telling you all of this in this extremely long review? Because my A1C last week was 6.7!!! :]

Curbs sugar cravings

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I used to finish 2,3 tubes of mentos a day but after taking chromium I no longer feel the need to stuff myself with candies.

ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Reduces sugar cravings completely. Stabilizes the mood. Stabilizes glucose levels, enhances energy and metabolism, important for weight loss, lowers cholesterol and triglycerides. However, chromium in polynicotinate form is safer. Also, it can be detrimental to the kidneys.

Molly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The chromium has definately helped with muscle soreness issues and also muscle building. It is a great weight loss tool. This is a great product.