ADD -ADHD Alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD many years ago and I was against medicating her. My husband who is very well educated on natural supplements gave my daughter DMAE along with Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5) and as far as I am concerned it works better than any ADD - ADHD drug on the market. You need the Vit B5 for the DMAE to convert in the brain. She is 16 now and takes 3 X DMAE 250mg caps and 3 X Pantothenic Acid 500mg caps. Everyone can tell when she hasn't taken her vits !!

Awesome for skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started taking 1 tablet a day about a month ago and my skin looks amazing! I kid you not, the fine lines seem to be completely gone, I have not had a single pimple and my skin actually glows and has a lovely tone to it. I don't even use a daily powder anymore because my natural skin is so beautiful! I am also using the Derma-e DMAE products which I like, but I can tell that taking this suppliment has made a difference. Also my morning brain fog seems to be MIA these days- and I still make my coffee the same so it's an added bonus!

alloriginal

Posted by alloriginal on Apr 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

this is one of those unknown supplements that everyone should learn about. By increasing acetylcholine in the brain, dmae improves focus and mood. I have been taking this for almost 25 yearsand have nothing but good things to say. It seems to make me more alert and focused, and simultaneously more relaxed! There is a build-up effect, and it may take 2-3 weeks to notice the improvement. It will be gradual at first...like me, you may have to run out of it before you really appreciate how much better you've been feeling! I've run out before, and after 3-4 days felt sluggish and tired. Take one per day, on an empty stomach. Most people take it first thing in the morning. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Wow, fab. product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. I was not sure about using DMAE, I thought maybe it is all hype and aload of rubbish, but NO!! I only took four tablets and boy did I feel a difference!! I do suffer from brain fog, I have been taking ginkgo to help this problem which worked reasonably o.k, but ginkgo in combination with DMAE is amazing. I have no brain fog, I think clearly and I have noticed that I am learning faster. I recently went on a Croatian language course and it is blimin mind melting, but I noticed that I studied better and remembered more when I took this product. I also have noticed I am less fed up and down, I feel happier and more positive. I love this product and I hope that it continues working in this way.

wow.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I feel smarter when taking this. I bought it right before exams and I've been able to concentrate on my studying with ease. I also find it gives me more energy and puts me in a confident, positive mood. I basically feel closer to being perfect. As an added bonus, I think it may reduce hangovers.

It's a bless for fast working brain!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I take only one pill in the morning about 30-40 minutes before breakfast. First couple of weeks I didn't really notice much but I kept taking them. One day I realized that I'm more energetic than my usual (I was taking only DMAE and nothing else during that period) and I went back to learning Italian!!! I noticed that new words I memorize much easier and recollect them later on with no issues. I felt kind of hunger for learning!!!! Definitely my brain was functioning at a higher capacity than before!! Recommend it for people with fatigue, or someone earning a degree or learning new languages, etc :). If my review was helpful to make a decision please press Yes button.

DMAE 250 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2007 | Verified Purchase

For a several years I had felt too lethargic to work out or run like I had in the past. After taking DMAE for about a month I'm back where I was about 7 years ago.

Brain Food!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Helps with alertness better than coffee without the side effects. Energy booster. Good for anyone's brain.

DMAE 250 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Use one of these daily along with 500 mg of Rhodiola, 500 mg of L-Tyrosine and 300mg of Phosphatidyl Serine for stress and brain function. It's helping for stress. Hoping after longer use, it will do even better for my brain fog.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

DMAE is a natural nutrient found in the brain. Taking DMAE helps to enhance memory function, increase attention span, alertness, focus and sharpness, increase intelligence and learning ability, simulate mental activity, induce better sleep and reduce sleep needed, lift our mood, reduce depression and various other effects related to increased brain function! Another side effect is that it improves the skin quality as well. That’s why it’s common found in skin products. Careful not to take too much DMAE close to sleeping time as it can simulate the mind too much and cause insomnia. Personally, I find that I can focus and concentrate on my work longer with less mental energy crash. I also find that my memory gets better as well. Highly recommend to take DMAE along with another brain booster, Acteyl L Carnitine. The duo will improve your brain function like none you can imagine. The price is definitely the best as well and it will get 250 mg of DMAE per capsule. The capsules are not too big, fairly easy to swallow and are vegetarian. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. As for the dosage, I take 2 daily. Sometimes I take 2 twice daily if needed without any side effect. Another downside is that once you get too used to brain function, you might experience an mental energy crash if you stop taking it. However, there is no reason to stop taking! Check out my page for more reviews!