Convenient way to keep colds away -

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I always took the elderberry extract liquid at the first sign of a cold. Now I have the convenience of a lozenge. Love NOW products - excellent quality. A in upstate NY

Grandkids healthy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My daughter swears by this item in helping keep her elementary age children healthy through cold and flu season.

Kill Every Cold

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I don't think I could survive without this stuff! Kills all sore throats, bacterial AND viral, before they multiply. Good tasting and soothing. One product that seems to suppress the zinc's tendency to make one nauseous. Love the stuff.

Elderberry & Zinc Lozenges

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been using the NOW Elderberry Lozenges for several years and think they are a great boost for the immune system. I start taking them when I have symptoms of a cold.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These really do fend off a bad cold if you use them right at the beginning when you get the very first symptom such as a scratchy throat. It's also important to take one every two hours, but not more than 5 a day. Resist the temptation to chew them and just let them dissolve slowly in your mouth. They work for me every time.

Can't use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

We have used other elderberry and zinc lozenges but since we love NOW foods we decided to try these. Several reviews said they tasted good, but even knowing the benefit I can't keep one in my mouth long enough for it to dissolve. The texture is gritty and chalky and the taste is very medicinal. No way our children will take these. We are going back to our old brand. First NOW foods product we haven't loved.

Good for cold/flu and sore throat

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have finished one bottle and it seems pretty good. Good synergistic mix of ingredients. Sore throat clears up fast and duration of cold/flu symptoms has shortened. Have ordered another bottle to keep in stock. Will be recommending it to friends and relatives. Taste wonderful. :) Forget about antibiotics. :(

Chalky, inferior stuff

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Feb 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It tastes like expired medicine and slightly irritates the mouth. The fact that it contains sorbitol isn't a plus either. Won't buy again for sure, this or the other products I've tried from Now Foods. Actually I'm quite reluctant to buy anything else from them, but some customers said it's a hit or miss brand so I'll take my chance on their food (nuts) already on my wish list.

Elderberry & zinc lozenges

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

a quick fix for asthma!

Great for Colds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 09, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I had a big weekend coming up when I felt a cold coming on. I took about 4 or 5 lozenges a day for 3 days and the cold never came. I never got more than a scratchy throat!