Convenient way to keep colds away -

Posted by Reviewer1615634 on Oct 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I always took the elderberry extract liquid at the first sign of a cold. Now I have the convenience of a lozenge. Love NOW products - excellent quality. A in upstate NY

Grandkids healthy

Posted by Reviewer1349437 on Nov 04, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My daughter swears by this item in helping keep her elementary age children healthy through cold and flu season.

Elderberry & Zinc Lozenges

Posted by Reviewer1305370 on Nov 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been using the NOW Elderberry Lozenges for several years and think they are a great boost for the immune system. I start taking them when I have symptoms of a cold.

Kill Every Cold

Posted by Reviewer1283525 on Nov 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I don't think I could survive without this stuff! Kills all sore throats, bacterial AND viral, before they multiply. Good tasting and soothing. One product that seems to suppress the zinc's tendency to make one nauseous. Love the stuff.

Can't use

Posted by Reviewer1290868 on Jan 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

We have used other elderberry and zinc lozenges but since we love NOW foods we decided to try these. Several reviews said they tasted good, but even knowing the benefit I can't keep one in my mouth long enough for it to dissolve. The texture is gritty and chalky and the taste is very medicinal. No way our children will take these. We are going back to our old brand. First NOW foods product we haven't loved.

Hurts sore throat..

Posted by Reviewer3040624 on Jun 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It may just be me but I tried this product to help my inflamed sore throat and it made it hurt all the more. It seemed too acidic for me at the time.

Too bitter for me, but my mom loves them

Posted by Ingrid75 on Jun 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Yak, I spitted out the first lozenge I tried: the taste was chalky and bitter. So I gave them to my mom, who loved them. Had to reorder for her.

Will Try Something Else

Posted by Reviewer3252758 on Apr 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These did not agree with me. I read that zinc is not well absorbed with sorbitol. I will try another formulation next time.

Horrible taste

Posted by Reviewer3091617 on Nov 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've only used 2 of the lozenges out of this 90-lozenge bottle. The taste is just too much for me, I can't stand sucking on it for long. I have no idea what the efficacy is like, because, like I said I just can't stand the horrible taste.

doesn't work!!!!

Posted by 5590282678655713368 on Oct 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

When the parcel arrived it occured so that in the evening of that day I felt that I had a tickling in my throat, before sleep I took 1 losenger and sucked it. In the morning of a next day I didn't feel relief, my throat ached hard. Three days more, no result. In the end i took spray for throat that I always used. Lozengers has unpleasant tincture:sour and like flour of coerse grinding. After suck them I felt that tickling encreased.