This is perfect for keeping mice away

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We purchased this because we were hanging on to our last rope with respect to a mouse infestation in our house. We put two dabs of the peppermint oil on cotton balls around in various areas that they were known to hang out in the house and the mice did not return. We have been renewing the oil every two weeks and are still mouse free! I would never have believed it!!!! This is great stuff, but very strong. My eyes water every time we renew the oil, but it is worth it.

Has many great uses!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Peppermint oil has many great uses. Its great diluted as a flavoring agent for deserts and teas, but also has many health benefits. It works well as oil for use in medical vaporizers and humidifiers. Just a few drops are all that’s needed. We’ve used this in our humidifier (added to its special medicine cup) when our daughters have been sick. It helps to relieve congestion and acts as a cough suppressant. As a vapor, its effects are mild and very safe. It’s far safer than giving cold medicine to your children and very effective. I highly recommend using peppermint oil in combination with eucalyptus oil in your humidifier. Eucalyptus oil makes the peppermint oil more effective at treating colds. If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients on many cough drops you’ll see they nearly all contain menthol (peppermint oil contains 50-78% menthol) and eucalyptus oil. These two really go well together. It also works as a nausea suppressant great for treating motion sickness. About 5 drops diluted in a little carrier oil (vegetable oil) is all that’s needed. Note, as with other essential oils, it shouldn’t be ingested undiluted. These are just some of the uses of this oil. There are so many other uses (relieving headaches, diarrhea, spastic colon, stomach pain, etc.). I highly recommend looking into this product.

Ant control

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I use this to control ants in my house. I have cats, so I avoid using chemical pesticides. With this, I put down small lines of the oil and the ants won't cross it. It smells nice, and even some of the cats love it since peppermint is a related to catnip.

WOW! PEPPERMINT OIL

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

THIS OIL IS KEEPING MICE OUT OF MY GARAGE, THEY HATE THIS SMELL. THANKS FOR GETTING IT SENT OUT RIGHT AWAY. IT IS JUST WHAT I WANTED.

Peppermint Oil is great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

If you have seen a Head-on Commercial then you know how to use this product. It relieves my most intense headache in just 15 minutes. For my headaches on top of the head or to the rear I simply rub a little on the back of my neck. No side effects and it smells great!!!

Homemade Toothpaste

Posted by iJenNZ on Aug 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product to try making my own toothpaste using this recipe: 3 Tbs (45cc) coconut oil (melted or very soft) 3 Tbs (45cc) baking soda 25 drops peppermint oil 10 drops liquid stevia (Adjust the peppermint oil and liquid stevia to suit your taste buds) Enough vegetable oil to keep the coconut oil from solidifying at room temperature - I used avocado oil. Mix ingredients to make a paste and store in glass jar. Dip tooth brush in paste as required. Although it has a slightly salty flavour from the baking soda, I found it to be a reasonable natural toothpaste. It does not lather up but then a lather is not necessary for it to work efficiently.

natural cleaning aid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I put a few drops of this on a piece of cotton and then into the vacuum cleaner bag - it freshens up the whole house while you clean. I add a few drops to any cleaning agent - it is wonderful especially in the bathroom. AND...bugs hate it!

Lasts forever

Posted by HealthyGuy on Aug 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this when cleaning floors to deter ants, and it works. I also like to add a single drop to my water bottle and it tastes great and is very refreshing. A bottle this size will last a couple years probably!

Now Foods Peppermint Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am a registered nurse and I always keep peppermint oil in my locker. A couple of drops on a cotton ball will freshen the entire room. A drop on a mask or under your nose will completely mask almost any odor. This aroma also eases nausea in many people. NOW products are great quality and bargain prices.

Natural pest repellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Use peppermint oil on cotton balls around small cracks and doorways as a natural mouse repellent during the winter months. No mess - no fuss - nothing to dispose of because they never come in when the "welcome mat" has peppermint oil on it. A in Upstate NY