Not ideal for Aromatherapy

Posted by Reviewer1109457 on Apr 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The smell of this oil is not unpleasant, but it is not a very rich or typical smell of true cedar either. I suppose this is because it is Virginia cedar rather than true cedar which one normally associates with the smell of fresh cut cedar shavings or wood. On the plus side, it is inexpensive, but if you truly want to use it for aromatherapy purposes and desire the smell of a true cedar wood scent then I would try another brand or species of cedar wood oil.

Closet Keeper

Posted by Reviewer1763035 on Jun 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

mixed a few drop with a little olive oil in a bottle, add some bamboo reeds and other essential oil You have a wonderful scent that you can add to any room. Or just a few drops on a cotton ball drop to the bottom of your closet close the door and you have a pleasant scent and keep the bugs away at the same time.

Cockroach cure

Posted by Reviewer1475285 on Jul 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I brought Cedarwood for a roach problem and it really helped.

Relieves Itchy Skin from Dyshidrotic Eczema/Pompholyx

Posted by rabbit on Aug 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've had Dyshidrotic Eczema, or Pompholyx, on my left heel for about three years now. For a few days, skin will itch, blister, and weep and then alternate with a period of extremely dry, cracked, fissured skin. This process repeats itself indefinitely. I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but looking back, I believe that it was triggered when I rubbed my heel against a concrete sidewalk. It is believed that Pompholyx is caused by a metal allergy and concrete contains a wide variety of metals. Stress is also said to be a contributing factor and is something which I have experienced to the extreme over the past four years. I've been experimenting with different supplements as a systemic approach to treating the problem - selenium is one that I am trying out at the moment. I haven't yet found a cure for the eczema itself, but the cedarwood oil relieves the severely itchy skin that results from this difficult and persistent skin condition. I put a sock on after applying this to my foot to avoid getting the oil on the floor and other household items. I also use Shikai Borage Therapy Foot Cream and Boericke & Tafel Florasone Eczema Topical Cream to assist with this condition. Cedarwood oil not only relieves itching, but it can help calm and soothe anxiety and nervous tension, it's effect on mucus membranes can assist with respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis, it can help clear up urinary infections, it can be used to soothe arthritis and rheumatism, it can help clear up skin conditions like acne, oily skin, dermatitis, psoriasis, and dandruff, it can be used as a general tonic, and it can be used as an insect repellant. The smell kind of reminds me of hamster cage bedding.

Smooth Cedarwood

Posted by Reviewer2964378 on Nov 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love this oil. I heard about if from a friend and i bought it to mix in my hair oil to prevent itchy scalp and i must say it has worked. This oil helps with oily or dry skin to balance out skin problems. Very Herbasceous. Very fast delivery is always a plus. I love it.

Don't care for this one.

Posted by Reviewer3194717 on Apr 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

There seems to be an underlying odor to this scent that reminds me of mold. Can't see using it under any circumstance.

Oil of choice

Posted by 5557824367407688810 on May 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is a typical wood smelling Oil, especially coming from European origin but can be found in U.S as well in some parts. I have been buying this oil since many years and I always end up buying twice the bottles of this Oil as compared to other oils, just because of quantitative usage every day. I have used it to apply on head, where my hair were few and after a while (6-8 months), people around me noticed that bald area not able to distinguish anymore. Its the smell, which is why I say in title - Oil of choice, as may be not everyone will be able to appreciate but those who have used it and know the benefits. I use it to apply under the feet, mixed with pure coconut oil with ratio 10:2 (10 parts coconut oil with 2 parts Cedarwood) and apply it all over every day as personal care. I even use it on real wood furniture (a few drops) as a last coat of polish and it smells great around the house. Use it in a diffuser if you love the smell to fill up the rooms and keep away the unhealthy bacteria or just refresh the room door. I also like the 30ml bottle as it is very handy to use and carry while travelling. Great product from Now and great job.

good

Posted by Reviewer1185040 on Nov 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

keeps the bugs off my dog.

Smells like a hope chest!

Posted by Reviewer2105068 on May 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've used this for a few things and love it. Am hoping it will be a good natural source of keeping the bugs/mosquitos at bay as it warms up however, if it doesn't this still has many other good uses.

good

Posted by Reviewer1155295 on May 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

seems to be what is says, good stuff i use it to scare ants away. and sometimes people i dont like :P