House smells fresh and clean, keeps the mice and bugs away

Posted by WildSweetVermont on May 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I live in a very old house with lots of holes that deer mice like to slip through. I read that using peppermint essential oil on strategically placed cotton balls helps to deter mice from entering a home. If you can figure out where they come in, of course plug the holes as well as you can! The mice like to travel against walls, and while I like the freshness of the mint, they do not. If you do use cotton balls, they need to be refreshed regularly. I also use this oil in our car, as I learned that mice can get in the car, under the hood, etc. and cause a lot of damage when they gnaw. Guests comment that our house smells clean. I like to use it diluted in a mister bottle as well. When I did so I seemed to kill off a disturbingly large number of Asian lady beetles that made their way into the house. I hear that ants and other insects hate peppermint as well. It can be an eye irritant and sinus cleaner if you use too much around the house. I'm so very grateful for this fresh and natural way to combat rodents and other pests.

Powerful Mint

Posted by autumn on Aug 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It's also Food Grade, so one might use it to spice-up baked goods, desserts, beverages & etc.

To discourage ants

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

We live in the woods and get a lot of ants, even in the house when the weather is dry. I spray this, greatly diluted, on our walkway. The ants hate it.

Very good product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very effective, strong flavour and smell. I use it in my chocolate and tea!

Value for Money

Posted by seebrenda on Feb 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The Peppermint's really good value. This size is perfect, because I ended up using it for a great variety of purpose. I use Peppermint as a in a mix as rub-on repellent, a room spray repellent, for colds, for mosquito bites... A few drops of Peppermint in my lipstick tray means that when I put on my lipstick, I get a refreshing Pepperminty taste, and I gives my lips a natural plumpiness too! :)

peppermint oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Since using this product in our camper there has been no evidence of mice!!! iherb quickly sent the product to our house. I was completely satisfied.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I use this for headaches.

Peppermint

Posted by Didokitty on Nov 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great peppermint aroma! I use this with aromatherapy lamp and as a sauna scent. Sauna scent: Add 3 – 6 drops to a scoop of water. Pour this scented water slowly over the hot stones and enjoy. Vaporization of water on heated stones, spreads lovely scent into the sauna.

great product at a great price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

living in Asia, the only thing widely available here are Young Living. too pricey for me. so when we found this on iherb, i immediately ordered! great for household cleaning and relieves my migraine almost instantly!

Peppermint Essential Oils

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I just received mine yesterday and i could not believe the smell of this Lavender is the same as my lavender young living. I will order a lot more of this...