Hair darkening again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm only 25 but gray hair started growing about 3 years ago. They're all packed near a tuft toward the front so they're obvious at that. I've grown frustrated over the past years not being able to do anything about it. I'm sure this contributed to the continued growth as well. After much research, I bought some Fo-Ti and emu oil (Kalaya Calandri) and started using both together. After 4 weeks of use (6 pills a day, 5 days of emu oil a week), I noticed that the existing gray hair had darkened, and some had their roots turning dark brown again (I couldn't believe my eyes at first). The non-grays got stronger, shinier, looked more "alive". Now (7 weeks I think), I have only about a dozen remaining but I'm sure they're about to go too. I couldn't be happier. The relief and feel of control over this degeneration was well worth every single Euro cent. Though I can't tell apart the efficiency of each of the two products. iHerb's service has been spectacular. Fair prices, cheap shipping fees, same day shipping, delivered to France in 20 days the first time, about 10 days the second time. Both times tightly packed.

Fo-Ti

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used this product before and had stopped using it for a time. For me, it helps reduce frontal hairloss, and thickens wispy, unhealthy-looking hair. Two negatives: First, I believe it might also increase the growth of all body hair. I don't consider that a plus. Secondly, I believe that in my case it has some effect on mood. I believe I am more easily agitated while taking it, and a bit less likely to restrain comments. I've been aware of this effect, and as a result, take only one capsule per day. Still, if others are affected in this manner, it may be of some serious concern. I've been unable to find any studies that address this issue, so perhaps I am unique, but I doubt it.

I would absolutely not recommend this product or company. See my page for REALLY good product reviews.

Posted by owenfox on Jan 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this when I was a novice, thinking I was getting a good deal. Upon endless further research, I realized they have poor and even harmful fillers such as magnesium stearate in it. Now foods in my opinion are not a especially good company. I've learned you get what you pay for, and now I buy only very good to the best quality herbs I can find. They wokr MUCH better, you know you are getting high quality sourced ingredients from people who most likely care a lot more about sustainability and the planet, as well as people's health. If you are low on money, then simply use 1/2 the dosage, but because you are getting such potent herbs, without money saving fillers at the customers expense, you end up benefiting even more for only a fraction extra from your wallet. Just my opinion.... Sorry to sound bad on the company, nothing personal, I just would prefer if more companies used the highest ethical and quality standards, companies like my favorite Healthforce Nutritionals! The Synergy Company! Dragonherbs & more! If you found this helpful, please give me a thumbs up, and check out my page for more awesome information and product reviews, as well as some of my favorite products!Peace & love! Owen :)

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My hair has started regrowing and my fingernails are much stonger. Good price, also

Works Well on Some Fronts

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Fo Ti and this product in general did not change my hair color darker for the 6 months I tried it (same gray). My hair did grow well and looked healthy. What I was surprised with taking it was the increase in my libido quite a bit to the point of maybe a little too much:). I did think the Now product worked very well and would recommend it (if Fo Ti is for you).

Helps Hair Growth

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I ordered Fo-Ti after a bad haircut as I wanted something to grow my hair. I found it helped my hair and after 2 months of taking this product religiously, I noticed less gray. Also has a laxative effect, which is a plus. Speedy and inexpensive shipping to Canada keeps me shopping at iherb.

Fo-Ti, Ho Shou Wu

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking these supplements for about 2 months. I haven't actually noticed a reduction in gray hairs coming in, but I'm willing to give it more time. An unexpected benefit, without going into detail, it provides a very effective amount of daily fiber!

Still goin...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I already use saw palmetto, zinc, Nettle, beta-sitosterol and other standard supplements to help 'keep the hair on my head.' Some of those worked fine, but when I added this my hair seemed to decrease in shedding. Also, some reviews I read mentioned that their hair got blacker and although I'm not 100% sure my hair does actually seem a bit darker. I am happy with the progress so far and I will continue using this product.

NOW Fo-Ti

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I think this has really helped thicken up my hair. I still have muppet-like, thin hair but now there's more of it which is better. When I'm done with this, I will buy more.

Seems to be good for energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this along with pumpkin seed oil on A days and on B days I do a multivitamin, borage seed oil, and astaxanthin, so my review might be tainted by the other supplements, but on days that I take this I seem to have some extra energy, and it would make more sense to attribute it to the fo-ti rather than pumpkin seed oil. There's no such thing as a cure-all, but it's a great buy so if you're interested in it I would definitely recommend trying it.